Interviews du label - Page 2 - Les Acteurs de l'Ombre

Les Acteurs de lOmbre

Précédent   Les Acteurs de l'Ombre > LADLO Productions
S'inscrire FAQ Membres Calendrier Chatbox Les Acteurs de l'Ombre Recherche Messages du jour Marquer les forums comme lus

LADLO Productions Les Acteurs de l'Ombre Productions : le label

Réponse

Outils de la discussion
Vieux 09/08/2016, 17h56   #11
Saltimbank021
hello world!
Staff des Acteurs de l'Ombre

Par défaut

midlands metal heads

http://www.midlandsmetalheads.com/in...gerald-milani/
Interview: Les Acteurs de l’Ombre Manager Gérald Milani

As a companion piece to our Les Acteurs de l’Ombre label profile (read a catalgogue review snapshot here) I had an email conversation with label founder and head honcho Gérald Milani, here’s what he has to say:

1.Can you tell us a bit about your background, and the labels?

It all began in 2001 when I decided to create the association Les Acteurs de l’Ombre with two friends of mine. We started off as a webzine then I quickly moved on to organizing shows in Paris, including three yearly festivals dedicated to Black Metal, Pagan Metal and Doom Metal for about ten years. The team got bigger over the years and Les Acteurs de l’Ombre has organized about 100 shows and worked with over 500 bands. I started organizing shows in 1996, mostly for the Black Metal bands in which I was doing vocals. Only the Cernunnos Pagan Fest remains today and the Webzine gets by. I decided to let someone else take the lead of the association in 2009 due to professional reasons, which is when I offered to start a label related to the association. I started by myself and many friends helped along the way. Today, we are a tight and stable team of volunteers.

2.Where does the name Les Acteurs De L’Ombre come from?

This name came straight from my imagination. Acteur because we are active, de l’ombre because of the Underground aspect : we are working in the shadows for the shadows. This term represents us as well as those we work for. In Extrem Metal, we all are Acteurs de l’Ombre.

3.Is there anything in particular you look for in the bands on your roster?

The label started out with PENSÉES NOCTURNES. Vaerhon, the man behind the band, was a member of the association and was helping us organizing shows. I liked his music and it was important to me to work with “family” so to speak. Pensée Nocturnes was the perfect band to start with.

Today, before deciding to work with a band or an artist, there are several aspects that we take into account. Last year, we started EMANATIONS, which is a sub-division of the label created to release cassette tapes and CDs of less experimented bands, fresh out of the demo days if you will. In order to work with LADLO (Les Acteurs de l’Ombre) it is necessary that the vast majority of the team enjoy the band’s music. We all have different taste in music and everybody’s opinion matters. Just by looking at our roster, it is pretty obvious that, although all of our bands are influenced by Black Metal, they also have their very own sound, universe and approach of the style. It is also extremely important for us to be able to talk to the band easily and to share similar ideas regarding our future collaborative work. We see each album as a team effort and we expect the band to be completely involved. It is necessary for the artistic concept and artwork to match the music and the final product should be flawless (at least to our eyes and ears). We support the bands in all of their choices. We only release a limited amount of bands every year, which is why quality is extremely important to us. Last but not least, we think it is important for a band to play live shows as it helps the promotional aspect a great deal.

4.Does the label have a particular ethos/outlook, and if so, what is it?

Our concept is quite simple, we want to release albums we like, help we bands we believe in and try to offer them as much exposure as we possibly can. We use the label as a promotion tool, which is why we dedicate a lot of time and effort to promote our bands. There is no mystical concept behind the label. The idea is simply to help out bands and to follow our passion.

5.Best/favourite bands on your roster?

I am absolutely obsessed by WILDERNESSKING, a Black metal / Post Rock band from South Africa. They combine a wide array of influences and give it their very own spin to cover a spectrum of emotions that really speak to me. The release date is set to February 20th and I listen to it at least twice a day. I’ve been keeping an eye on them since their first album in 2011 and I have been waiting to work with them since. We just released a LP mixing their 2 Ep with some bonus tracks. We will also be working on their 3rd album on CD/LP/ Tape support, for marsh 2017.

Their last album goes beyond our expectations and they won the entire team’s heart. WILDERNESSKING is from Cape Town (South Africa), they surprised us with their music free from the frozen style of the genre, they go on and explore emotional sonorities. Mixing influences and bringing post-rock structure with tortured vocals and blast-beats from Black-metal, WILDERNESSKING travels from one world to the other with great fluidity: giving birth to a progressive, immersive and addictive music.

Furthermore, I was taken with the REGARDE LES HOMMES TOMBER live performance. I was really blown at our release party, this past September, as much as I was the first time I saw them, asking them to join the label ; even if between this last show and the first one, I saw them more than ten times. Yet, even with one year of silence, they came back, stronger, taking a new step in terms of professionalism and scenic performances: a real mastodon!!! They are real hard-worker, they deserve what is happening to them. I personally think that REGARDE LES HOMMES TOMBER is among the best French artist in terms of live performances.

6.What do the next five years have in store for LADLO?

We don’t know what the future might holds. Because of our activity’s status, everything could end in the blink of an eye. We all are volunteer, we all have a job, a family, a house… We direct the label during our free time, and it is not always easy. We all have a huge impact on the label, and if one of us stops, the label will suffer that loss: but as long as we can continue, that is ok. We do not have flashiness or great project to come, we just want to continue to enjoy ourselves. But it is now obvious that the label gains in popularity as our bands does, leading to an increase in terms of work for us (more promotion, re-issue, …). We also have to lower our ambition, we don’t want to be overflown by too many commitments; we want to give the best on every release, especially in terms of promotion. We have to refuse bands every day, even famous bands. Our release are all booked until the end of 2017.

7.And finally, is there anything you want people to know about the label that we haven’t already covered?

There is so many things to say… I think most of the readers don’t know the label, I would like to invite them to discover what we do at http://ladlo.bandcamp.com/

Moreover, every year since 2012 we produce a Sampler to promote our release of the year. It is free with any purchase and also available on streaming at :

http://ladlo.bandcamp.com/album/sampler-mmxvi

Feel free to come and visit our website http://www.lesacteursdelombre.net/productions/

Visit the LADLO Store HERE.

Thanks for supporting us.

By Mike Tasak

Dernière modification par Saltimbank021 ; 09/08/2016 à 17h59.
Saltimbank021 est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 24/01/2017, 01h57   #12
Saltimbank021
hello world!
Staff des Acteurs de l'Ombre

Par défaut

vs-webzine.com

http://www.vs-webzine.com/METAL.php?...ws=1743&droite

Gerald - EMANATIONS par VSGREG

Les Acteurs de L'Ombre Productions lancent une nouvelle division nommée EMANATIONS, nous avons interrogé le label manager Gerald pour en savoir plus sur cette nouvelle structure et son ambition.

Quelles sont les motivations devant la création de la division EMANATIONS ?
Quels sont les objectifs ?

Nous avions l’envie de créer une division découverte nous permettant de faire connaître des groupes Français émergents au travers de tirages très limités. Nous y produirons ainsi en priorité des tapes et quelques cds au format démo et album.
L’objectif est donc de se faire plaisir, de faire plaisir, et de faire vivre un peu le label. Nous ne sortons qu’une salve de sorties CD / LP par an. En dehors de cette période, les personnes qui suivent le label n’ont pas grand-chose à se mettre sous la dent. Aussi, ça nous permet de ne pas nous ramollir, de proposer des nouveautés tout en limitant les investissements (car peu de retour financier) et garder le lien avec notre clientèle. Nous envisageons également dans le même esprit de participer à quelques co-productions d’ici la fin de l’année. Ces sorties, du fait de leur nature même et de la limitation des quantités, ne nous permettront pas d’investir dans de la promotion payante. Mais nous ferons notre possible pour les promouvoir via les médias internet, tout du moins, pour ceux qui accepteront de chroniquer de la tape au format mp3s/wave…

Pour quelles raisons avez-vous choisis de proposer des formats K7 ?

J’ai toujours voulu produire des tapes avec le label. C’est un support qui me tient particulièrement à cœur. La cassette à toujours fait partie de mon univers. Je pratiquais le tape trading dès 90, puis plus tard, à partir de 98, j’ai copié des centaines de tapes démos de mon groupe de l’époque. J’ai toujours acheté des tapes à droite à gauche depuis. A l’époque, les tapes qui tournaient dans le milieu étaient plutôt faites à l’arrache. Ce qui caractérisait une tape était : impression photocopie, groupe-titre écrit au marker sur la tape et un son dégueulasse. Notre démarche tient à faire de notre mieux pour la sortir de sa désuétude, la mettre en valeur et la proposer avec tout l’enthousiasme qui nous habite. Nous voyons dans la cassette un objet de collection, une mignonette musicale achetée sur un coup de cœur ou une envie de l’instant.
Depuis que l’effectif du label s’est étoffé et stabilisé, nous avons pu dégager du temps pour lancer EMANATIONS. Une division qui nous permet de varier les plaisir.

Si on peut comprendre les raisons de l'émergence du vinyle, nombreux sont ceux qui trouvent absurdes de sortir des k7 en 2015 … surtout vu la qualité sonore. Le public potentiel ciblé par vos prochaines sorties risque d'être assez maigre non ?

C’est peut être absurde, mais notre démarche n’a rien de calculé. On aime ce support et ce qu’il représente, on ne se pose pas plus de question. Cependant, ces albums démo ne seront à priori pas édités sur d’autres formats, si ce n’est par nous. Aussi, avec 70 copies pour 3 des prochaines sorties et 100 exemplaires pour la 4eme, ça devrait aller. On ira rarement au-delà de 150 copies de toute façon, c’est certain. Ce n’est pas une question d’élitisme ou de spéculation comme on peut le voir commenté sur le net, mais plutôt de réalisme. On sait justement qu’il est ardu de vendre de la tape. Elles seront surtout destinées aux personnes qui soutiennent le label et qui nous font confiance. Car bien qu’elles soient très limitées, elles ne sont pas pour autant de piètre qualité.

Tu disais que la sous division avait été crée pour « faire connaître des groupes Français émergents ". Mais avec des tirages à 70 voir 100 exemplaires et un format destiné à un public très spécifique, penses que vous allez vraiment aider à faire connaître ces groupes ?

J’ai envie de te dire : sûrement plus que si leurs chansons étaient restées dans leurs caves/ordi. C’est pas grand-chose certes, mais nous n’avons pas la prétention de dire que nous faisons de Grandes Choses. Il ne faut pas non plus s’arrêter à ces quelques tapes, le but c’est aussi d’obtenir des chroniques pour faire la promotion des groupes. Et comme d’habitude, nous ferons de notre mieux. La tape en devient presque un prétexte. Encore une fois, nous ne nous posons pas de question, nous faisons simplement ce que nous avons envie, que ça aille dans le sens ou à l’encontre des modes. On ne s’en soucie guère, on n’y connaît rien en prêt-à-porter, à part Blandine qui est la vraie fille de la bande.

N'aurait-il pas été plus intéressant de proposer des cds en duplication pour garder des frais de fabrication bas et le concept d'édition limitée pour toucher plus de monde et proposer un format plus répandu ?

J'ai vraiment du mal avec la dupli et les cds gravés en général, il manque de la noblesse à cet objet. Cependant, cela ne me dérange pas d'en acheter à des groupes ou labels lorsque j'ai un coup de cœur. Mais par contre, de là à en produire, je ne suis pas prêt à franchir le pas, c'est plus fort que moi. D'ailleurs, il en a été question dans nos discussions au sein du label car les autres n'ont rien contre ce format, et c’est vrai que son faible coût n’est pas négligeable (3 fois moins cher qu'une cassette). Je te rassure, comme je l'évoquais au début de l'interview, nous produirons un peu de cds sur la division. D'ailleurs, deux des quatre premières sorties d'EMANATIONS sont produites également en cds digifile (500 copies pour IN CAUDA VENENUM et 200 copies pour PRODUNDAE LIBIDINES).

Si vous produisez des cds avec Emanations, quelles sont les différences entre les sorties estampillées Emanations vis à vis de celles avec le label "Les Acteurs de L'ombre" ?

Ceux de Ladlo ne sont pas limités et ont pour la plus part bénéficié d'au moins une réédition. Ce qui ne sera pas le cas avec Emanations. C'est la division underground d'un label déjà underground, en somme les émanations des bas fonds.

Si un groupe vous contacte avec un nouvel album, comment allez-vous prendre la décision de le signer sur Emanations plutôt que sur LADLO Prod ?

Dans un panel de démos, le groupe que nous signerions chez Emanations serait celui qui n’a pas de background, pas d’album passé, mais proposerait une musique suffisamment mature pour y déceler un certain potentiel et dont la musique plairait aux membres du label. Ou encore, et c’est le plus fréquent, un coup de cœur venu de nulle part au potentiel discutable ou un pote qui a un projet que l’ont veut soutenir, et dont tout reste à faire en terme de promotion. C’est un peu comme un premier essai pour le groupe, le stade de la fameuse démo. A voir ensuite si la mayonnaise prend.
Le choix de LADLO ou EMANATIONS peut se faire sur des détails. Un facteur qui peut avoir son importance, c’est l’aspect actif du groupe. Un groupe de scène par exemple, contrairement à un one man band, a proportionnellement plus de chance de progresser rapidement en termes de notoriété. On a pu observer que lorsqu’un de nos groupes joue dans une ville, ça bouge sur notre site. Le nom des groupes tournent sur le net, les gens en parlent entre eux. Si en plus le groupe assure sur scène, il peut assez rapidement et plus facilement marquer les esprits.
Nos dernières tapes de SUHNOPFER et DARKENHOLD sont parues sur LADLO. L’un est un one man band, l’autre un groupe de scène. Mais ils sont pour nous, aussi underground soient-ils, des groupes que nous suivons et apprécions depuis pas mal d’années et que nous considérons comme des groupes déjà établis et avec une certaine notoriété. Cependant, nous produisons aussi des groupes découvertes sur LADLO quand nous pensons que le potentiel est suffisant pour des ventes à plus grande échelle.

Peux-tu nous présenter les premiers groupes que vous allez produire?

La première vague de sortie comprendra donc quatre groupes.

PROFUNDAE LIBIDINES, qui propose un album de black metal orthodoxe dont le concept repose sur des thèmes totalement inhabituels pour ce type de musique, c'est à dire la magie blanche japonaise et la voie du Nagual, qui est une croyance issue du folklore mexicain. Le groupe prend ses distances avec les thèmes traditionnels du black metal sur cet album pour adopter une approche qui se distingue de ce qui a déjà été fait tout en conservant l'agressivité propre au genre.

Nous sortirons aussi l'album Post Ecstatic Experience de LIFESTREAM, album d'ailleurs enregistré au Darkened Studio (Regarde les Hommes Tomber). Bien que penchant vers un Black Metal traditionel, ce sont avant tout les ambiances qui se dégagent de la musique de LIFESTREAM qui nous ont accroché. Le groupe propose un album totalement hypnotique et immersif que nous sommes fiers de sortir sur EMANATIONS.

AEZH MORVARC'H nous a soumis un album avec un concept franchement travaillé et d'une originalité qui nous a tout de suite interpellé. Un album de Black Metal inspiré par la légende bretonne du cheval Morvarc'h, le tout avec des paroles complètement en Breton. La musique retranscrit parfaitement le côté épique des thèmes abordés et on se laisse facilement porter par les ambiances et les mélodies.

Le quatrième groupe qui ouvrira les hostilités est IN CAUDA VENENUM, qui existe déjà depuis près de 5 ans. Il n'est donc pas étonnant que le groupe propose une musique d'une maturité indéniable avec 2 pièces de 20 minutes. Pour le coup on s'éloigne un peu du Black Metal orthodoxe pour s'orienter vers un black teinté de post-rock. Un album sombre et profond superbement illustré par Jeff Grimal (The Great Old Ones) qui parfait donc ces quatre premières sorties.

Quels moyens promotionnels allez-vous mettre en œuvre pour vos sorties en particulier pour obtenir des kroniks sachant que les webzines (dont VS) rechignent à chroniquer du format numérique ?

Même si, aujourd'hui, une part des médias acceptent les mp3's, je reconnais que ce n'est pas évident de se faire chroniquer à base de numérique. On fera notre maximum pour sensibiliser les medias à notre démarche. Ils feront peut être une exception, d'autant plus que nous ne sommes pas coutumier du fait et qu'habituellement nous envoyons du physique. Nous prévoyons d’envoyer tout de même quelques tapes à des fanzines mais également une 30ene d'albums produits sur le support cd (en comparaison, avec LADLO, nous consacrons 300 cds à la promo, mais nous produisons aussi 10 à 20 fois plus de copies pour chaque release).

Sortir chez EMANATIONS peut il amener plus facilement à signer chez LADLO ?

Facilement, je ne sais pas. Même si cela apparaît comme une suite logique, il y aura plusieurs facteurs à prendre en compte : le plaisir que nous aurons eu à collaborer ensemble, l’accueil dont aura bénéficié le premier méfait, l'évolution du groupe, de sa musique et ses projets.

Quel est le programme du côté de LADLO pour 2015 ?

Nous avons un programme assez chargé, il l'est de plus en plus chaque année et cela grâce à une certaine stabilité que nous avons trouvé. Nous sortirons sur différents supports 4 albums qui nous tiennent particulièrement à cœur. Deux sont déjà annoncés, la 3e release de MOONREICH dont Weddir a été membre de notre asso pendant plusieurs années et le deuxième de REGARDE LES HOMMES TOMBER dont je viens de recevoir le master. Ca va être difficile de le garder pour nous jusqu’à Septembre, nous en sommes très fans. C’est pour cela que nous annoncerons fin avril 2 autres signatures et proposerons un titre en écoute de chaque groupe en Mai. Ca sera aussi l’occasion de lancer les précommandes qui nous sont indispensables pour lancer la prod.

Nous sortirons également une BOX Lp limité de REGARDE LES HOMMES TOMBER, c’est beaucoup de boulot.
A côté de cela, nous avons programmé une box tapes de MARE COGNITUM, ainsi qu'une coproduction avec Those Opposed Records pour les 3 albums de DARKENHOLD en LP, mais également l'album de LIFESTREAM en digipack avec Mortis Humanae Prod et d'autres choses dont je ne peux pas encore parler.
En outre, il faut s'attendre à quelques rééditions, notamment Le Al Azif de THE GREAT OLD ONES en Lp et digipack.

Comme l'année dernière, nous organiserons un concert à Nantes le jour de la sortie des 4 albums précédemment cités, une release party en somme. Et enfin, nous tiendrons des stands dans des festivals estivaux tels que le HELLFEST, le RAGNARDROCK, le MOTOCULTOR et le FALL OF SUMMER. Nous profiterons de ces festivals pour distribuer la troisième édition de notre compilation annuelle rassemblant des groupes produits dans l'année (il y aura donc des avant-premières sur cette compilation).

Ton droit de réponse vis à vis de tes 3 choix de disques signé LADLO pour le livre Metal Bunker vis à vis des lecteurs de VS qui ont trouvé cela purement promotionnel ?

Je n'ai pas plus de choses à dire que Jérémie, auteur du bouquin, dans son interview dans VS. http://www.vs-webzine.com/METAL.php?...W&id_news=1723
J'ai eu son aval et nous avons pris beaucoup de plaisir à converser. Je rappelle que le principe de l'interview était de parler de 3 disques que j'emporterai avec moi dans un bunker en cas de fin du monde. Pourquoi n'aurais-je pas le droit de prendre avec moi, peut être pour mes dernières écoutes, des albums sur lesquels nous avons bossé dur, dont je suis très fan et très fier ? La fin du monde n'est pas programmée et j'écoute pourtant chaque soir en m'endormant quelques titres d'albums que nous avons produit ou que nous allons produire. Je pense donc que mon écoute serait encore plus intense en cas de fin du monde. Si dans 1000 ans, on déterre mon cadavre momifié, j'aimerais autant que ce soit aux côtés de ces cds, plutôt que ceux de Metallica.

Tes coups de cœurs actuels ? Les vieilleries qui tournent sur ta platine en ce moment ? et dans ton lecteur K7 ?

Heureusement, je n'écoute pas seulement de la musique en m'endormant mais je dois avouer que toutes les propositions de groupes que nous recevons me bouffent pas mal mon capital « temps d'écoute ». Toutefois, les mini lps de BOLZER tournent pas mal en ce moment. J'attends toujours de pouvoir voir BOLZER sur scène et vue le nombre de dates qu'ils font cette été, je ne pense pas pouvoir les louper. Sinon mes dernières écoutes en terme de Lp sont LEVIATHAN - True Traitor, True Whore , GODKILLER – The Rebirth of the Middle Ages, et FELL VOICES – Regnum Saturni.
Question tape, on s’est récemment fait une après-midi d’écoute. Après deux tentatives infructueuses avec un Master Of Puppets inaudible et un DESPOND – As my Soul Reaches Infinity dont la bande était cassée, les hostilités ont pu être lancé. NOCTIS – Glorious Times (black médiéval du Sud Est de la France que j’ai pu voir en concert quelques fois et dont le mettre à penser était le gars derrière Aura Mystique productions), HIRILORN/MERRIMACK - split, EPHELES - Les Anges de la dernière Scène, CONGESTION – Bed Of The Ancient River (plus tard LET ME DREAM), COUNT NOSFERATU – Das Scharze Order (plus tard THE CNK, eheh, mais pas vraiment le même style), VLAD – Yggdrsil (plus tard BLUT AUS NORD), SAMAEL – Into the Infernal Storm of Evil, DRASTIC - Creator of Feelings, BLESSED IN SIN – Blessed in Sin. On a pas tout écouté jusqu’au bout et tout n’a pas super bien vieilli, je te l’accorde, mais ça fait quand même du bien de se replonger dans les souvenirs.

Cela fait maintenant 6 ans que LADLO existe, quel regard portes-tu sur votre évolution ?

Je me dis qu'on fait notre petit bonhomme de chemin, à notre rythme et en fonction de nos possibilités. On ne se fixe pas d'objectif financier ou de nombre de releases annuelles. Nous n'avons pas de vision sur l'avenir ou de grands projets merveilleux. Nous vivons au jour le jour, apprécions chaque bon moment et chaque collaboration nous permets de nous épanouir un peu plus. Le jour ou cela s’arrête, nos vies continueront et les souvenir resteront.

Il y a deux ans, je n'aurai pas donné cher du label. Ma situation familiale évoluant, je pensais le mettre en sommeil. Je n'ai plus le temps de passer 6 à 8 heures par jour sur le label en plus de mon taf. Jo qui me donnait la main pour la promo depuis 2 ans à du arrêter pour un changement de situation professionnelle, et je ne me voyais pas continuer seul si c'était pour faire un travail à l'arrache. Mes nouveaux acolytes sont arrivés de manières plutôt providentielle, se sont investis et appropriés le label. C’est la meilleure chose qu’il pouvait lui arriver et je leur en suis très reconnaissant. Ils ont permis de pérenniser nos activités, et les rendent plus qualitatives.

Toute fois, l'avenir du label peut être remis en question à tout instant, c'est la réalité des associations gérés uniquement par des bénévoles. Je profite donc de ces quelques lignes pour remercier Blandine, responsable promo (aidée par Noemy, Claire et Karen), Romain qui s'occupe de tout le côté artistique/graphique, websites et relation avec les usines, Jean pour les envois de commandes et de trades. Enfin, Clément pour les traductions et correction, les tenues et préparations de stands, les confections de box (ouais, c’est de l’artisanal) et préparation de paquets promo, tout comme Sarah, Marion, Norman, Luc, Rémi, Nanax et tous ceux qui nous aident de manière occasionnelle.

Un dernier mot pour nos lecteurs.

Certains me font bien marrer. Continuez avec les commentaires qui vont dans tous les sens, vous égaillez mes journées. Merci aux lecteurs de VS qui nous suivent et nous soutiennent. Le label est une entité ouverte à tous dont le but est de promouvoir des groupes, en particulier Français, et si certains veulent prendre part à l’aventure, ou simplement parler de nous, qu’ils n’hésitent pas. Bonne continuation à Vs et merci pour votre aide.
Vieux 31/01/2017, 14h29   #13
Blandine
sans statut
Maître de la Nuit

Par défaut

Grind on the road, Italy, webzine

http://www.grindontheroad.com/2017/0...urs-de-lombre/

By Nicolò Alfei

ENGLISH VERSION : http://ow.ly/BvDM308wJ5t

In Francia una piccola etichetta sta facendo molto parlare di sé: la Les Acteurs de l’Ombre. casa discografica dedita principalmente al black metal e post rock, che recentemente, tra i tanti, ha lanciato i The Great Old Ones. Abbiamo avuto il piacere di parlare della loro visione del mondo musicale insieme a Gérald e Blandine, che si sono dimostrati molto gentili e chiacchieroni. Buona lettura a tutti.

Ciao ragazzi e benvenuti su GOTR. Raccontate ai nostri lettori chi siete e cosa fate.

Gérald: Ciao a tutti. Allora, questo progetto è nato nel 2001 quando ho deciso di creare l’associazione LADLO con due miei amici. Siamo partiti come webzine e successivamente come organizzatori di concerti a Parigi, inclusi tre festival dedicati a black metal, pagan metal e doom metal per circa dieci anni. La squadra è diventata sempre più grande nel corso degli anni e come LADLO abbiamo organizzato circa 100 eventi e collaborato con più di 500 band. Ho iniziato ad organizzare concerti nel 1996, per lo più con band black metal nelle quali ero il cantante. Ad oggi rimane solo il Cernunnos Pagan Fest, la webzine purtroppo è andata. Decisi di lasciare il comando a qualcun altro nell’associazione nel 2009 per motivi professionali, ossia aprire una casa discografica. Grazie a degli amici che mi hanno aiutato siamo riusciti a partire. Ad oggi siamo un gruppo stabile e compatto di volontari. Dalla release del primo disco dei The Great Old Ones nel 2012 e Regarde Les Hommes Tomber nel 2013 è cambiato tutto. L’enorme risultato positivo che hanno raccolto questi due album ci ha portati su un altro livello. Quelle band hanno suonato all’Hellfest e al Roadburn, per esempio. Tre o quattro anni fa non avrei scommesso niente su una label. La mia vita personale si sta evolvendo, avevo pensato di mettere in stand-by l’etichetta. In aggiunta al mio lavoro, non riesco più a spendere dalle 6 alle 8 ore al giorno sull’etichetta. Non mi sono sentito di andare avanti da solo se ciò voleva dire fare cose a caso. Ho trovato nuovi seguaci in una maniera abbastanza fortuita e fortunatamente si sono interessati subito sull’etichetta. Questa è stata la cosa migliore che potesse capitare e ne sono molto grato. Loro mandano avanti le nostre attività e le rendono qualitativamente migliori. Nel 2015 abbiamo creato una nuova divisione della label: Emanations. Volevamo creare questa nuova divisione per aiutare le giovani band emergenti con uscite molto particolari. Realizziamo priority tapes e qualche CD in formato demo e degli album. Sempre nel 2015 abbiamo realizzato quattro dischi allo stesso tempo (Regard Les Hommes Tomber, Moonreich, Deluge e Maieutiste). È stato un lavoro enorme per tutti noi. Per la stagione 2016/2017 abbiamo deciso di rallentare il lavoro per mantenere un alto standard qualitativo. Siamo stati costretti a rifiutare certe band che amiamo causa troppo lavoro. Se facessimo il contrario sarebbe deleterio sia per le band sia per la casa discografica. Dulcis in fundo, vorrei ricordare il 2016 con l’uscita del disco dei Wildernessking, la nostra prima band al di fuori della Francia, gruppo che sta avendo un bel successo. Loro sono del Sudafrica. Non voglio dimenticarmi anche la nostra ultima uscita di settembre da parte dei Penitence Onirique, anche loro stanno avendo un ottimo successo.

Blandine: all’interno della squadra della LADLO solo Romain e Gerald suonano o hanno suonato in una band. Romain è un membro degli In Cauda Venenum. Gli altri colleghi della label sono “solo” molto appassionati per la musica estrema. Il nostro lavoro nella casa discografica è ben delineato. Gerald è il manager, lui è all’inizio e alla fine di ogni azione, lui ha una visione globale della LADLO. Jean segue gli ordini e il magazzino, Noemy ed io lavoriamo nella parte marketing e comunicazioni. Romain è il nostro direttore artistico, graphic designer, webmaster e ha i contatti con le fabbriche di stampa. Alexander è il nostro traduttore inglese/francese e ci aiuta con la promozione. Virginie ci aiuta con i social media. Infine Sarah sta ai banchetti durante i festival. Recentemente abbiamo creato una newsletter per poter crescere come squadra e devo dire che hanno risposto in tantissimi. Quindi spero che aumenteremo di numero così da potenziare ancora di più la nostra casa discografica.

Che cosa vi interessa in una nuova band?

Gerald : La cosa più bella è vedere la crescita delle band che partono dal basso, quando tutto è stato preparato. In quel caso c’è molto lavoro da fare, ma alla fine è sempre una grande soddisfazione. È molto bello quando una band sconosciuta riceve degli ottimi feedback e i loro dischi hanno tante vendite. Questo sta succedendo proprio ora con l’ultimo disco dei Penitence Onirique. Abbiamo fatto benissimo a credere in questa band ed è molto motivante. Ma è quasi sempre una scommessa, infatti quando le cose non vanno come previsto e sono sotto le aspettative ci sentiamo veramente demoralizzati.
Sembra che abbiate un approccio molto personale con le vostre band.
Gérald: Oggi prima di decidere con quale band o artista lavorare ci sono diversi aspetti che amiamo prendere in considerazione. Nel 2016 abbiamo lanciato la Emanations, che è come dicevo prima una sub-divisione della LADLO che stampa cassette, CD di gruppi meno sperimentali. Per lavorare con noi è necessario che a quasi tutti del team piaccia la musica della band. Abbiamo tutti gusti diversi e ognuno ha le sue idee e opinioni. Dando un’occhiata al nostro roster è ovvio che, sebbene tutte le nostre band siano influenzate dal black metal, abbiano un proprio sound e un approccio allo stile totalmente diverso. Inoltre è per noi molto importante parlare direttamente e facilmente con il gruppo e condividere idee simili riguardo il futuro collaborativo. Vediamo ogni disco come uno sforzo collettivo e ci aspettiamo che la band sia completamente coinvolta. È necessario che il concetto artistico e l’artwork si incastrino in modo impeccabile così da aver un eccellente prodotto finale (almeno per i nostri occhi e orecchie). Noi supportiamo la band in ordine alle loro decisioni. Pubblichiamo solo un limitato numero di band ogni anno, per questo motivo la qualità è estremamente fondamentale per noi. Ultimo ma non meno importante, la band deve suonare in giro così da aiutare l’aspetto promozionale.

Come sta cambiando il ruolo della casa discografica nel corso degli anni? E sul futuro?

Gérald: non sappiamo cosa ci riserverà il futuro. Perché può succedere di tutto e la nostra attività potrebbe chiudere anche in un batter d’occhio. Noi siamo tutti volontari, abbiamo un lavoro, una famiglia, una casa. Dirigiamo la label durante il nostro tempo libero e non è sempre facile. Tutti noi abbiamo un grande impatto nella label e se uno di noi si ferma l’etichetta soffre, ma finché si può andare avanti è tutto ok. Non abbiamo progetti vistosi e grandi piani rivoluzionari, vogliamo solo continuare a fare quello che ci diverte. Adesso è ovvio che la casa discografica guadagna popolarità come le band e questo aumenta il lavoro da fare (più promozioni, re-issue, ecc). Dobbiamo restare con i piedi per terra e non dobbiamo farci prendere dall’entusiasmo. Non vogliamo essere soverchiati da troppi impegni: vogliamo dare il massimo in ogni release, specialmente in termini di promozione. Dobbiamo rifiutare band tutti i giorni e addirittura anche quelle famose. Le nostre release sono tutte prenotate fino alla fine del 2017.

Avete dei rimpianti relativi a band con le quali non avete avuto una chance di lavorare?

Gérald: Ho due rimpianti. I primi di tutti sono I Cult Of Erinyes, dei quali ho prodotto il primo disco e che hanno firmato per Code666 Records senza avvertirci e nemmeno chiederci se volevamo lavorare con loro, anche se tutto stava andando benissimo prima che accadesse ciò. Sono un grande fan del loro lavoro e ho una buona amicizia con François. Forse un giorno lavoreremo di nuovo insieme. Il secondo, ovviamente, la partenza dei The Great Old Ones, per i quali abbiamo prodotto i primi due dischi. Sentire i primi estratti del nuovo album ci ha fatto venire il magone. Abbiamo avuto una collaborazione ideale per anni, ci siamo divertiti e sono stati una delle band che ha venduto di più nel nostro roster. Riguardare il passato su quanto abbiamo investito su di loro, insomma è stata tosta. Tuttavia siamo ancora una piccola etichetta e il leader della band voleva trovare qualcosa di più grande e crescere ancora di più. Season Of Mist è certamente l’etichetta che può dare loro una ulteriore notorietà, quella che stanno cercando, ma d’altro canto sanno che non troveranno la stessa amicizia e gli splendidi rapporti umani che hanno avuto con noi e per loro saranno solo un numero nel loro catalogo. Loro con le piccole band hanno un approccio generico: dal supporto musicale, alla promozione, il budget. Per quanto ci riguarda, noi siamo devoti alle band e facciamo di tutto per soddisfarle.

La prima band che avete firmato per il vostro roster?

Gérald: abbiamo iniziato con una cosa particolare, un progetto musicale chiamato Pensees Nocturnes, “Vacuum”. Un mix tra depressive black metal e degli arrangiamenti di musica classica. Le piccole esigenze richieste da Vaerohn ci hanno portato a lanciare la label con piccoli rischi e costi, è stato abbastanza un affare. La produzione, di 1000 copie nel 2009, è andata rapidamente sold out. Vaerohn, la mente della band, era un membro della nostra associazione e ci aiutava ad organizzare concerti. Mi piaceva la sua musica ed era importante per me lavorare con qualcuno di “famiglia”, per così dire. Quindi i Pensee Nocturnes sono stati la band perfetta per iniziare questa avventura. https://penseesnocturnes.bandcamp.com/album/vacuum

Perchè avete scelto il nome Les Acteurs de L’Ombre?
Gérald: questo nome è uscito fuori direttamente dalla mia immaginazione. “Acteur” perché siamo attivi, “de l’ombre” perché abbiamo un aspetto underground: lavoriamo nell’ombra. Questo termine ci rappresenta bene. Nel metal estremo, noi tutti siamo “Attori dell’ombra”.

Avete una band preferita nel vostro roster? So che è una domanda tosta.

Gérald:
sono assolutamente ossessionato dai Wildernessking, band black metal / post rock del Sudafrica. Combinano una grande varietà di influenze e riescono a coprire un grande spettro di emozioni secondo me. La data di uscita del loro disco è stata fissata per il 20 febbraio e lo ascolto almeno due volte al giorno. Li ho tenuti d’occhio fin dal loro esordio, datato 2011, e ho aspettato fino ad oggi per lavorare con loro. Abbiamo appena realizzato un LP con i loro due EP e qualche bonus track. Lavoreremo anche sul loro terzo album. Il loro ultimo disco è andato oltre ogni più rosea aspettativa e hanno conquistato il cuore di tutti noi dello staff. I Wildernessking sono di Città del Capo e ci hanno sorpreso con la loro musica; liberi dai soliti stilemi del genere, loro esplorano sonorità emotive. Miscelano influenze e portano una struttura post rock con voci al vetriolo e blast beats tipici del black metal. I Wildernessking viaggiano da un mondo all’altro con grande fluidità, dando alla luce una musica progressiva e intensa. Inoltre sono rimasto impressionato dalla live performance dei Regard Les Hommes Tomber. Hanno proprio spaccato durante il loro release party lo scorso settembre. Non appena li ho visti ho chiesto loro di far parte dell’etichetta. Li avrò visti poi altre dieci volte. Hanno avuto un anno di silenzio, ma adesso sono tornati più in forma e coesi che mai. Performance professionali e sceniche, sono semplicemente mastodontici. Loro sono dei veri lavoratori. Meritano il successo che stanno avendo, inoltre li reputo tra le migliori live band di tutta la Francia.

Com’è la scena metal estrema in Francia?

Gérald: Siamo messi bene in Francia per quanto riguarda la musica estrema. Ci sono molte band ed etichette, anche se alcune non dovrebbero esistere. Dipende comunque dalle regioni, ma generalmente ci sono molti show di metal estremo e la Francia è la destinazione di molti tour internazionali. È la prova che ci stiamo comportando bene. Abbiamo alcuni festival conosciuti in tutto il mondo come Motocultor, Download, Hellfest e tanti altri. L’unico aspetto negativo è che non si vendono molte riviste e le nostre webzine non sono considerate per niente e leggere su facebook certe cose sono una vera perdita di tempo.

Dateci una vostra opinione sull’industria musicale.

Gérald: Bè io considero il metal come una nicchia, e vivrà per sempre grazie ai fan devoti. Ma è ovvio che diventa sempre più difficile fare soldi nel metal. CD, LP e cassette non vendono più come un tempo e si vende sempre meno. Ma credo che ci sarà sempre una parte dei fan che vogliono comprare del merch ma non abbastanza per permettere alle band di vivere. Il vero metallaro collezionista e appassionato dedica la sua vita per questa arte che fa tanto parlare di sé. Il metallaro non è una pecora. Il metal è underground, nell’ombra e questo lo farà sempre vivere se così si può dire. È destinato ad essere un semplice piacere, per molti di noi, e questo forse lo rende così forte ed indipendente.Il mercato del disco è cambiato totalmente. Al contrario negli anni ‘80 quando le band più grosse erano l’80% dell’industria, al giorno d’oggi questo 80% è costituito da band underground con un numero limitato di copie fisiche. L’economia underground minaccia le major e le grandi strutture, tra l’altro alcune di loro sono scomparse. Centinaia di piccole etichette vedono la luce del giorno per supportare questa fiorente scena musicale. Ogni mese milioni di band black metal vedono pubblicare il loro disco da piccole strutture, ma con un team organizzato. Il download è un peccato, ma è anche una ulteriore tecnica evolutiva del suono e permette a tutti di registrare il proprio materiale con risultati veramente molto buoni a prezzi ridotti.Questa situazione ci porta a una domanda importante. L’enorme quantità di band e la facilità con cui si può registrare e far sentire il proprio lavoro farà perdere la qualità compositiva in generale? L’eterna domanda della qualità contro la quantità. Ma secondo noi poi ognuno è libero di pensare e fare come vuole.

Ragazzi, grazie mille per l’intervista. L’ultima parola spetta a voi e ci vediamo alla prossima.

Gérald: Ci sono tante cosa da dire. Credo che la maggior parte dei vostri lettori non conosca la nostra casa discografica e quindi li invito tutti a visitare il nostro bandcamp http://ladlo.bandcamp.com/Inoltre dal 2012 produciamo sampler per promuovere le nostre release. È gratis con ogni acquisto e si può ascoltare in streaming qui http://ladlo.bandcamp.com/album/sampler-mmxviSentitevi liberi di visitare anche il nostro sito web http://www.lesacteursdelombre.net/productions/.
E divertitevi qui http://www.lesacteursdelombre.net/pr...ons/v2/shop-3/

Blandine: ci farebbe un enorme piacere vedere le nostre band suonare in Italia, quindi per festival italiani e associazioni, se i vostri lettori leggono questo noi siamo disponibilissimi. Grazie infinite per lo spazio concessoci e il supporto.

Dernière modification par Blandine ; 31/01/2017 à 14h46.
Blandine est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 31/01/2017, 17h21   #14
Blandine
sans statut
Maître de la Nuit

Par défaut

English version
http://www.grindontheroad.com/2017/0...urs-de-lombre/

1. Hi guys and welcome to GOTR. Tell us a bit of your background and your team.

Gérald : It all began in 2001 when I decided to create the association Les Acteurs de l’Ombre with two friends of mine. We started off as a webzine then I quickly moved on to organizing shows in Paris, including three yearly festivals dedicated to Black Metal, Pagan Metal and Doom Metal for about ten years. The team got bigger over the years and Les Acteurs de l’Ombre has organized about 100 shows and worked with over 500 bands. I started organizing shows in 1996, mostly for the Black Metal bands in which I was doing vocals. Only the Cernunnos Pagan Fest remains today and the Webzine gets by. I decided to let someone else take the lead of the association in 2009 due to professional reasons, which is when I offered to start a label related to the association. I started by myself and many friends helped along the way. Today, we are a tight and stable team of volunteers. Everything has changed after the release of the first albums of The Great Old Ones in 2012 and Regarde Les Hommes Tomber in 2013. The overwhelming welcomes that those albums received took the label to a new level. Those bands played at the Hellfest, Roadburn…. Three or four years ago, I wouldn’t had bet on the label. My personal life evolving, I thought of putting it in stand by. In addition to my job, I don’t have the time to spend 6 to 8 hours a day on the label anymore. I didn't felt like carry on alone if it meant to do haphazardly things. My new acolytes came quite fortuitously, get involved and took the label over. That is the best thing that could happened to the label, and I am very grateful for that. They perpetuate our activities and made them more qualitative. In 2015, we created a new division of the label : Emanations. We wanted to create a discovery division allowing us to promote emerging French bands throughout very limited issues. We release in priority tapes and some CD in Demo format and albums. In 2015, We also release 4 albums at the same time (Regarde les hommes tomber, Maïeutiste, Moonreich and Déluge). It was a huge amount of work for everyone. For 2016 and 2017, we decided to slow things down to keep a work of great quality. We had to refuse some bands that we loved, for us, it is impossible to botch up our work. This would have been bad either for the band and for the label. At last, we can remember 2016 for the release of Wildernessking’s album, our first band coming for somewhere else than France, I had a huge crush for that band coming from South Africa. And don’t forget our last release in September : Pénitence Onirique’s first album for which we had great feedbacks. A true pleasure for the entire time.

Blandine : Inside the LADLO team, only Romain and Gerald play or have played in band. Romain is a member of In Cauda Venenum. The other member of the label are “just” passionate of extreme music. Our jobs in the label are quite precise : Gerald is the manager, he is at the beginning of every actions and the follow up of those actions, he has a global vision on the label. Jean is in charge of the orders and stocks, Noemy and I are working on promotion / communication. Romain is our artistic director / graphic designer / webmaster and he is also the contact for the pressing factories. Alexandre is our English / French translator, he also helps us with the promotion. Virginie joined the team to help with the social medias. At last, Sarah is in charge of all the booths during festivals. Recently, we launched a call for application on a newsletter, lots of candidates answered. So we hope that the team will grow so that everyone could help the label without putting its personal life aside.

2. What still gets you excited about a new band?
The most exciting thing is to see the growth of bands starting from the bottom, when everything has to be done. In that case, there is lots of work, but at the end, it is alway a great satisfaction. It is also very rewarding when an unknown band gets great feedbacks and their albums are sold in numbers. It is happening right now with our latest release PENITENCE ONIRIQUE. We were right to believe in that band, it is really motivating. But it is not always the case, it is always a bet, and because we are invested, when the results are below the expectation, it is a serious blow to our morale.

3. You seem to take a really personal approach to working with your bands

Gérald Today, before deciding to work with a band or an artist, there are several aspects that we take into account. This year, we started EMANATIONS, which is a sub-division of the label created to release cassette tapes and CDs of less experimented bands, fresh out of the demo days if you will. In order to work with LADLO (Les Acteurs de l’Ombre) it is necessary that the vast majority of the team enjoy the band’s music. We all have different taste in music and everybody’s opinion matters. Just by looking at our roster, it is pretty obvious that, although all of our bands are influenced by Black Metal, they also have their very own sound, universe and approach of the style. It is also extremely important for us to be able to talk to the band easily and to share similar ideas regarding our future collaborative work. We see each album as a team effort and we expect the band to be completely involved. It is necessary for the artistic concept and artwork to match the music and the final product should be flawless (at least to our eyes and ears). We support the bands in all of their choices. We only release a limited amount of bands every year, which is why quality is extremely important to us. Last but not least, we think it is important for a band to play live shows as it helps the promotional aspect a great deal.

4. How have you seen your role as a label change over the years? And what about the future?
Gérald : We don’t know what the future might holds. Because of our activity’s statu, everything could end in the blink of an eye. We all are volunteer, we all have a job, a family, a house… We direct the label during our free time, and it is not always easy. We all have a huge impact on the label, and if one of us stops, the label will suffer that loss : but as long as we can continue, that is ok. We do not have flashiness or great project to come, we just want to continue to enjoy ourselves. But it is now obvious that the label gains in popularity as our bands does, leading to an increase in terms of work for us (more promotion, re-issue, …). We also have to lower our ambition, we don’t want to be overflown by too many commitment : we want to give the best on every release, especially in terms of promotion. We have to refuse bands everyday, even famous bands. Our release are all booked until the end of 2017.

5. Are there any bands you regret never getting the chance to work with more extensively?
I do have two regrets.
First of all, CULT OF ERINYES, for whom we have produced their first album, left us to sign with Code666 Records without notifying us or even asking if we still wanted to work with them, even if everyting went fine before that. I am a huge fan of the work and I had good relation with François. Maybe someday we will work together again.
The second is, of course, the departure of THE GREAT OLD ONE for whom we produced the first two albums. Listening to their streaming extract of the upcoming album gave us the blues. We had an ideal collaboration since years, we had good times and the band was one of our best seller. Looking back on how much we invested ourselves, it was a hard blow. But we still are a small label, and the leader of the band wanted to give it a chance to grow bigger. Season of Mist is certainly a label that could give them the notoriety they are looking for, but on the other hand, they know that they won’t have the same friendly and human relation they had with us, they are just a number in a catalog for them. Their way of working with small bands is generic : from the musical support, to the promotion time, the budget… Concerning us, we are devoted to the bands, we will do everything to satisfy them.

6. What was the 1st band you signed to LADLO?

Gérald : We started the label releasing the first album of an organization member musical project: PENSEES NOCTURNES "Vacuum”. It completely matched with what I had in mind, a mix between Depressive Black Metal with some Classical Music arrangements. The little of exigencies from Vaerohn allowed us to launch the label with low risks and costs, which was part of the deal. This production, released with 1000 copies in 2009 quickly went sold out. Vaerhon, the man behind the band, was a member of the association and was helping us organizing shows. I liked his music and it was important to me to work with “family” so to speak. Pensée Nocturnes was the perfect band to start with.

7. Why did you choose the name Les Acteurs De L’Ombre for your label?

Gérald : This name came straight from my imagination. Acteur because we are active, de l’ombre because of the Underground aspect : we are working in the shadows for the shadows. This term represents us as well as those we work for. In Extrem Metal, we all are Acteurs de l’Ombre.

8. Is there anything in particular you look for in the bands on your roster?
Gérald Today, before deciding to work with a band or an artist, there are several aspects that we take into account. This year, we started EMANATIONS, which is a sub-division of the label created to release cassette tapes and CDs of less experimented bands, fresh out of the demo days if you will. In order to work with LADLO (Les Acteurs de l’Ombre) it is necessary that the vast majority of the team enjoy the band’s music. We all have different taste in music and everybody’s opinion matters. Just by looking at our roster, it is pretty obvious that, although all of our bands are influenced by Black Metal, they also have their very own sound, universe and approach of the style. It is also extremely important for us to be able to talk to the band easily and to share similar ideas regarding our future collaborative work. We see each album as a team effort and we expect the band to be completely involved. It is necessary for the artistic concept and artwork to match the music and the final product should be flawless (at least to our eyes and ears). We support the bands in all of their choices. We only release a limited amount of bands every year, which is why quality is extremely important to us. Last but not least, we think it is important for a band to play live shows as it helps the promotional aspect a great deal.

9. Do you have a favorite band on your roster? I know that’s a tough question.
Gérald ! I am absolutely obsessed by WILDERNESSKING, a Black metal / Post Rock band from South Africa. They combine a wide array of influences and give it their very own spin to cover a spectrum of emotions that really speak to me. The release date is set to February 20th and I listen to it at least twice a day. I’ve been keeping an eye on them since their first album in 2011 and I have been waiting to work with them since. We just released a LP mixing their 2 Ep with some bonus tracks. We will also be working on their 3rd album on CD/LP/ Tape support, for marsh 2017.
Their last album goes beyond our expectations and they won the entire team’s heart. WILDERNESSKING is from Cape Town (South Africa), they surprised us with their music free from the frozen style of the gender, they go on and explore emotional sonorities. Mixing influences and bringing post-rock structure with tortured vocals and blast-beats from Black-metal, WILDERNESSKING travels from one world to the other with great fluidity : giving birth to a progressive, immersive and addictive music.

Furthermore, I was taken with the REGARDE LES HOMMES TOMBER live performance. I was really blown at our release party, this past September, as much as I was the first time I saw them, asking them to join the label ; even if between this last show and the first one, I saw them more than ten times. Yet, even with one year of silence, they came back, stronger, taking a new step in terms of professionalism and scenic performances : a real mastodon !!! They are real hard-worker, they deserve what is happening to them. I personally think that REGARDE LES HOMMES TOMBER is among the best french artist in terms of live performances.

10. How is the extreme metal scene in France?
The metal scene is doing well in France. There is a lot of bands and labels, even if some should not exist.
It depends on the regions, but generally speaking there is a lot shows of extreme metal, and France is a destination for a lot of international tour. It is the proof that is an audience and that touring planners still dare to come in France… We have several festivals internationally known : Motocultor, Download, Hellfest and much more who welcome a thousands of passionate.
The only negative aspect : magazines are not sold as much as it used to, webzines are less and less read and Facebook is becoming a real garbage dump….

11. Tell us your opinion about the future of the music industry.

Gérald : I believe that Metal, as aniche music, will always be risen by passionate people. But it is clear that it will be more and more difficult to make money in Metal. CDs/LPs/MCs selling are going down and will go even deeper… But I believe that there will always be a part of fans that will continue buying stuff but not enough to make bands living, or very few. The real Metalhead is a collector, passionate and dedicates his life to this art that bring so much talking. Metalhead is not a sheep, he’s got codes and bands, he’s creative and will always be a misunderstood fan/artist. This leads to this much linked community and while there’s life, there will be Metalheads. Metal is underground, in the shadows and this is what will keep it alive, if I may say. It is destined to stay a simple pleasure, for most of us…and this is maybe what makes it so strong and independent.
Disc market has changed completely. On the contrary of the 80’s when major bands were 80% of the industry, nowadays these 80% are made by underground bands with great numbers of limited quantities pressed CDs. This underground economy threatens the majors companies and big structures, some of which already passed by. Hundreds of little labels see the light of day to support this ever blooming scene. Every month billions of Black Metal bands see their CDs released by small structures but with a well organized web. Downloading is to blame, but also perpetual technical evolution of the sound and computing, allowing everyone to record by their own meanings for a really correct result at a good quality/price rate.

This situation leads to a real question. Will the quantity of bands and even more the easiness of recording your own stuff and spreading it, lead to loss regarding the composing or sound quality? Eternal question of quality versus quantity….. But what doesn’t change is that everyone is free to like this or that band making its own idea of a good band.

12. Thanks again for this great interview. Conclude this interview as you want and see you next time.
Gérald : There is so many things to say… I think most of the readers don’t know the label, I would like to invite them to discover what we do at http://ladlo.bandcamp.com/
Moreover, every years since 2012 we produce a Sampler to promote our release of the year. It is free with any purchase and also available on streaming at :
http://ladlo.bandcamp.com/album/sampler-mmxvi
Feel free to come and visit our website http://www.lesacteursdelombre.net/productions/
And enjoy yourself at: http://www.lesacteursdelombre.net/pr...ons/v2/shop-3/

Blandine : We would love to see our bands playing in Italy, so Italian festivals and associations, if you’re reading this, you know what to do !

Thanks for supporting us.
Blandine est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Réponse

Outils de la discussion

Règles de messages