Paramnesia "Paramnesia" review - Page 2 - Les Acteurs de l'Ombre

Les Acteurs de lOmbre

Précédent   Les Acteurs de l'Ombre > LADLO Productions
S'inscrire FAQ Membres Calendrier Chatbox Les Acteurs de l'Ombre Recherche Messages du jour Marquer les forums comme lus

LADLO Productions Les Acteurs de l'Ombre Productions : le label

Réponse

Outils de la discussion
Vieux 07/05/2014, 08h14   #11
Nax
sans statut
Paragon de Noirceur

Par défaut

The Metal Observer by Ailo Ravna (USA)

http://www.metal-observer.com/3.o/re...ia-paramnesia/

Anonymous and obscure, Paramnesia was a welcome surprise when I first heard their split with the equally unknown Unru. That was only a few months ago, and Paramnesia’s lengthy contribution “III” showed signs of great things to come. Admiring the bewitching artwork gracing the cover, I’m more than ready for another helping of sublime black metal. Boasting influences like Ash Borer, Fell Voices, and Weakling, the self-titled Paramnesia promises an atypical approach to French black metal.

Featuring two tracks, both exceeding 20 minutes, Paramnesia is not necessarily an easily digestible album. Clearly a continuation of “III”, the first track is a magnificent beast. Its scope sprawling from the desperately somber, to sweeping winds of breath-taking grandeur, Paramnesia are masterful at crafting immersive and multifaceted songs. The Cascadian sound remains a strong element, but are supported by gloomy arrangements not entirely dissimilar to the material of Lurker Of Chalice or Leviathan.

Tormented wails burst forth from the speakers as rolling waves of ethereal riffs pulls the listener further down into the void. In contrast to their previous work, the sound of Paramnesia is somewhat muddy. Retaining their oppressive aura, this raw touch only increases the harrowing bleakness and catacombic atmospheres. A world away from tinpot bedroom metal, the dissonant qualities are used to great effect. With its numerous peaks and valleys, “IV” is a massive and rewarding undertaking.

The relentless intensity is ramped up considerably on the B-side “V”. After a short intro, the track explodes into a fiery sphere of fury and despondency, and the otherwise ghoulish qualities are brutally sidelined. While still impressive in its constant expansion and contractions, an overall sense of urgency masks some of the unique features of its precursor. There are many interesting ideas and riffs thrown into the mix, but they don’t always flow together quite as seamlessly as in “IV” and “III”.

Clearly someone in Paramnesia has an excellent ear for entrancing melodies and soaring climaxes. “V” occasionally sounds like several great tracks combined into a longer piece, but for the most part it works. Again we are transported to the depths of hell and to the highest summits. As the album draws to a close, the melancholic guitars make a final reappearance, calling back to the introduction and closing the ouroboros.

Although their direction since the aforementioned split seems inclined towards a rawer sound, Paramnesia are quickly proving themselves a unique entity. It’s not every day you hear an album that completely draws you in and spits you out quite like this. Some minor flaws in the second half does little to ruin the experience. Paramnesia is well worth the effort for any fan of Cascadian, atmospheric, or just plain great black metal. Bring on part VI and VII!

NOTE: 8,5/10

Dernière modification par Nax ; 08/05/2014 à 14h16.
Nax est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 08/05/2014, 15h41   #12
Nax
sans statut
Paragon de Noirceur

Par défaut

Metal.de by Markus Endres (Allemagne)

http://www.metal.de/black-metal/revi...15-paramnesia/

Aus Frankreich stammen PARAMNESIA, welche nun ihr selbstbetiteltes Debütalbum nach einer Split mit UNRU vorlegen. Das Album enthält die beiden Stück "IV " und "V" mit jeweils über 20 Minuten Spielzeit, welche beide musikalisch im atmosphärisch dichten, intensiven Black Metal beheimatet sind. Die ersten drei Teile befinden sich auf der 2013er EP "Ce Que Dit La Bouche D'ombre" sowie der bereits genannten Split.

PARAMNESIA ist daran gelegen, die engen Grenzen und Klischees des Black Metals zu durchbrechen. Zwar ist die Basis harscher, grimmig rauer Schwarzmetall, mit majestätisch epischen Melodien, dieser wird aber mit Post Metal und Post Hardcore kombiniert, wodurch eine progressiv anmutende Mischung entsteht. Zunächst beginnt das Album gemächlich und verträumt, eher der Black-Metal-Sturm flott losbricht, mit kräftig intensivem, aber nicht zu präzisem Schlagzeugspiel, sowie einigen melancholischen Parts in mittleren Temporegionen. Auffällig ist der doch sehr in den Hintergrund gemischte Kreischgesang, der für meinen Geschmack zwar etwas mehr Variation vertragen könnte, aber sehr gut zur Stimmung des Albums passt. Das folgende "V" ist dunkler, in Sachen Gesang auch extremer, auch schnell gehalten, wobei die beklemmenden Parts stärker im Fokus stehen. Die Harmonien sind griffig und bleiben hängen, die Atmosphäre ist sehr dicht. Glücklicherweise gelingt es PARAMNESIA auch, fast über die gesamte Länge die Spannung aufrecht zu erhalten. Bei "V" ist das aber leider nicht ganz der Fall, hier fließen die verschiedenen Riffs und Teile nicht immer perfekt ineinander über, was etwas anstrengend wirkt. Und um noch einige Vergleiche zu bemühen, stelle man sich eine Mischung aus frühen IN THE WOODS, ALTAR OF PLAGUES, FEN, LEVIATHAN, THE GREAT OLD ONES, ALCEST und ISIS vor. Gut, aber nicht überragend!

NOTE: 7/10
Vieux 10/05/2014, 16h23   #13
Nax
sans statut
Paragon de Noirceur

Par défaut

Meat Mead Metal by Brian Krasman (USA)

http://meatmeadmetal.wordpress.com/2...on-new-albums/

There used to be a time when receiving physical copies of promo records in the mail was the norm. Just a couple years ago, each day the mail arrived could contain up to 5-10 packages with a single album or multiple releases, and I know it’s a time my wife doesn’t look back on fondly because the mail piling up drove her insane. Then just about everyone went digital.

It’s totally understandable why just about all promos are digital now, as it saves a ton of money in postage fees alone. But every now and again I’ll get an unexpected packet of records I didn’t expect, which always makes me a little excited. It’s a reminder of the old days of writing, and I have to admit it does get my attention above the virtual sea of digital promos flooding my inbox, so many of which I can’t even get to because there’s only so much memory on my computer. And in my brain.

Recently, French label Les Acteurs l’Ombre Productions sent out a package containing a new record from a band whose new record I was heavily anticipating and one from a group that I was unaware of until that moment when I was looking at the cover of this mysterious things. It was an added bonus that both records were of high quality and have provided quite a bit of dark enjoyment ever since they arrived, and we’ll take a look at both albums today. Each album is housed in a very nicely designed digipak, complete with lyrics in one case, so you’re also going to be getting your money’s worth in that regard. You can’t discount that when you’re asking people to trade money for your products.

Up first is a band that was new to me in Paramnesia, an atmospheric black metal band that sounds like they might as well hail from the Pacific Northwest of the United States or even California, but instead hail from France, a place known for its mind-bending, fresh take on all things metallic. The closest associations I can think to compare the band are Fell Voices, Ash Borer, and Weakling, and their penetrating, crushing sound really hits the spot for listeners like me who indulge in this kind of sound. The two tracks on their first and self-titled full-length release create a mood that sticks around and swelters through most of the 40-minute running time, with some well-placed peaks and valleys here and there to keep you wondering. The members remain shrouded in mystery for the most part, but their sonic mission is obvious and in your face.

Paramnesia coverThe record opens with “IV” that has that Cascadian-style thunder that makes you wonder if this whole thing was dreamt up in the middle of a dark forest, and from there the track begins bleedings its power all over the place. There are plenty of dark melodies that lurk underneath all of the audio violence, and eventually a pocket of clean playing settles in before it all explodes again. Sweeping chaos settles in, like a generous thunderstorm has opened up and began drenching your surroundings, and that chaos remains until the song’s final moments when the energy finally subsides and washes out. Closer “V” begins with an eerie introduction that eventually swells into an assault of guitars that sound like an unforgiving, frosty gust of winds hitting your exposed skin. The song spends a good bit of time drubbing and punishing you, with howled vocals and shrieks, and thunderous playing. The song calms down again and it gets atmospheric and hazy, with melodies ringing out and adding a sense of color to all of the fury, and the final minutes trickle out into the night, finally releasing its grip.

Paramnesia are a welcome addition to the crowded atmospheric black metal cauldron, and right away, they stand up above the pretenders and prove they have a grasp on what makes this style so exhilarating. This self-titled debut is an eye-opener, and hopefully there are more good things to come from this band in the future.
Vieux 10/05/2014, 16h33   #14
Nax
sans statut
Paragon de Noirceur

Par défaut

Panzerfaust by Astus (Pologne)

http://panzerfaust666zine.blogspot.f...aramnesia.html

PARAMNESIA - Paramnesia (Les Acteurs de l'Ombre Productions - CD 2014)
I got to know Paramnesia only a while ago, when I had a chance to review their truly excellent split LP with Unru. I honestly loved both bands and their music, so I was looking forward to hear some more music from both… Paramnesia came first, with their debut album simply called “Paramnesia” and I was very eager to hear it. Les Acteurs de l'Ombre Productions kindly sent me a copy, so I did not have to wait long and once I finished with the excellent album of The Great Old Ones, I started to listen to “Paramnesia”.

One thing you must know about “Paramnesia” is that it is an album, which demands a careful listen. It is not one of those records, which can accompany you when you’re washing your dishes, play with your dog or pick the snots from your nose. No, it is an album, which works the best if you play it, sit and listen. Maybe the best would be to put the headphones on, so this way you’ll cut yourself off from your surrounding and let these sounds devour you fully. Otherwise I think most of the music from “Paramnesia” will sound too blurry for you, maybe too monotonous and definitely you won’t be able to not only distinguish one song from another, but most importantly you simply won’t be able to pick up all these great details, layers and everything what is going on in the music on Paramnesia. It is even more difficult hence there are just two songs on the album, each circling around 20 minutes length, so Paramnesia doesn’t even try to make your life easy. Bu that’s good, I guess. So, get yourself ready, throw your woman, kid and dog out, send them for a walk and when the house is empty play the album… and let it possess you. Because possessing it is!

As mentioned, on an uncareful listen this album may sound slightly unreadable, due to kind of fuzzy guitar tone it has and also because the music is quite derived of the catchiness or hooky, memorable moments. You know, harsh production, with this guitar sound and howling, furious vocals… it is very traditional black metal in that matter, but maybe it is not something what will be easy to listen to. It’s almost like some of the early Abigor material… first you hear the rough sound and wall of noise, but only later you realize that the music is actually quite complex and brings something more than just a simple, primitive, badly produced black metal. And the same case is with Paramnesia. You make a careful listen and realize that there are many layers, many complex arrangements, long songs, with intricate drums’ parts and so on and on... There are many fragments, when Paramnesia plays some furiously fast and harsh black metal, where there really is no forgiveness and the whole music sounds totally insane and possessed. But then there are also many moments of calmness, of softness, of more muted playing, with delicate guitars and almost sort of post black metal character and feeling. Put these things together and you’ll have a nice picture of what Paramnesia is about. Just listen to how this albums begins… after a peaceful introduction a real hell breaks loose, bringing such a ferociousness and viciousness that it is almost chaotic. It goes on for a while, until a killer, slower motif breaks this insanity. “IV” brings a lot of diversity, it also has some haunting melodies, so in the end I truly love this song. And the same I can say about “V” (where for example I really liked the opening theme!). I must say though that it took me a while to really discover the album and feel its essence and atmosphere.

Oh, by the way, if you ask why such weird song titles… The band’s debut EP had songs titled “I” and “II”, then the split with Unru had song “III”, so obviously now it was a time for songs “IV” and “V”. So it is kind of continuation and link between all releases, yes? A nice concept, I must say, sadly though I have no idea about the lyrics of Paramnesia, as they’re not included on the booklet. And besides, I think the band sings / howls in French, so I wouldn’t understand a shit at all anyway hehe.

Final rate: 80/100
Vieux 12/05/2014, 08h02   #15
Nax
sans statut
Paragon de Noirceur

Par défaut

Profanity by Davorin Lenko (Slovénie)

http://www.profanity.si/recenzije/paramnesia

In vsi bi še vedno živeli, če ne bi poprej umrli od cinizma. Ter smiljenja samemu sebi. Ter postavljanja retoričnih vprašanj.

Najprej je bilo vprašanje: „Zakaj?“

Potem dolgo časa – ničesar.

Še pozneje protagonist, v navalu izjemne modrosti ugotovi, da mu ni bilo odgovorjeno, ker odgovor preprosto ni možen.

Takrat protagonist vstane, se ozre v nemo nebo in spremeni svoje vprašanje. „Kaj mi je tega treba bilo!?“, zakliče navzgor. Tudi tokrat ne dobi odgovora, toda to ga zdaj ne moti več. Pozna ga namreč sam.

Prav nič ni tega treba bilo.

Tako nekako, da.

Slab poskus alegorične didaktike na stran, res ne vem, kaj bi naj človek počel z izdelkom, kot je album Paramnesia francoskih black metalcev Paramnesia. Načeloma bi poizkušal izpostaviti kaj pozitivnega, nekaj, česar se splača okleniti, a tudi pri najboljši volji mi izdelek pri tem poizkušanju ni stopil niti za korak nasproti.

Poglejmo torej, s čim imamo na tem albumu sploh opraviti.

Imamo dva komada, naslovljena IV ter V, oba dolga dvajset minut, praktično identična, totalno nezanimiva. Na trenutke se zdi, da bi se bend rad igral Wolves in the Throne Room, na trenutke Deathspell Omega, na trenutke spet kaj v stilu Leviathan. Vendar je poudarek bolj na 'se zdi' ter 'bi rad igral' kot pa na 'Wolves in the throne Room', 'Deathspell Omega' ali 'Leviathan'.

Imamo tudi strukturo, seveda. Monotono strukturo brez občutka za … No, za karkoli, pravzaprav. Monotonost black metalu že res lahko na moč ugaja, a tudi za nažiganje enega riffa čez razpon desetih minut in več je potrebno posredovati nekaj občutka, ne pa zgolj fizične sposobnosti igrati blast beate in tremolo riffe.

Potem imamo neglasbeno sporočanje v obliki naslovnice, notranjosti digi-packa itd. Nekaj čudaških simbolov, nekaj besed, nekaj grafik; stvari za katere menim, da jih razumejo samo člani benda. Oziroma: vsaj upam, da jih. Sicer podpiram tezo, ki pravi da nam mora primarno spregovoriti umetnina in ne umetnik za njo, vendar ima vse svoje meje, meje, ki jih je Paramnesia ponosno prekoračila ter hrabro zakorakala v deželo Zzzzzz. Saj; ob takšnem dolgčasu in monotonosti bi še krepkejši in modrejši ljudje z veseljem pili iz reke pozabe, kajti trpljenje ima načeloma ponavadi kak notranji smisel. Nesmisli, na drugi strani, pa ga že po definiciji nimajo, niti ne morejo imeti.

P. S. Tako. S tem približkom recenzije, kjer je vsakršno kritiško objektivnost (če je kaj takšnega kadarkoli sploh zares obstajalo) popapala naključno mimoidoča muca, izpolnjujem svoje etične obveznosti do založbe Les Acteurs de l'ombre Productions. Prosim ne pošiljajte mi več svojih izdelkov. Če jih bom hotel, jih bom že poiskal. Ali, povedano v univerzalnem jeziku glasbe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S9ecXWCBCc&feature=kp
Vieux 12/05/2014, 08h05   #16
Nax
sans statut
Paragon de Noirceur

Par défaut

La Horde Noire par Childeric Thor (France)

http://lahordenoire.free.fr/chroniqu...3#.U3BkNl4YmQu

Bien qu'il ne soit qu'au début de sa carrière, on peut affirmer que PARAMNESIA est déjà en train de bâtir une oeuvre faisant de ses membres des artistes. Le fait que la numérotation servant simplement à distinguer chacune de ses compositions, se poursuive d'album en album en constitue la plus frappante illustration. C'est un peu comme si nous étions les témoins privilégiés de la construction progressive d'un monumental édifice dont la forme finale nous est (encore) inconnue. Enigmatique. Mystérieuse. Oui, mystérieuse car une aura de trésor caché enrobe ce groupe dont l'identité, passionnante, se révèle par petites touches, par bribes, au rythme de la découverte de ces pistes exigeantes aux allures de labyrinthes tortueux.

Cette première offrande éponyme reprend ainsi les choses là où les ont laissées le EP séminal puis le récent split scellé avec UNRU. L'une des différences, de taille, qui le sépare de ses devanciers, tient justement au cadre qui est le sien, offrant au Black Metal de PARAMNESIA les dimensions démesurées qui lui manquaient encore. Architectures massives, les deux titres qui divisent ce premier véritable album, se déploient chacune sur près de 20 minutes, durée dilatée qui leur permet de dérouler de tentaculaires ramifications. Les limites éclatent ouvrant un espace infini. Plus rien ne semble dès lors corseter une écriture qui peut (enfin) étirer ses ailes.

Malgré l'approche moderne qui est la sienne, le groupe ne met pour autant jamais en jachère une forme de noirceur froide et sévère. En cela, son art n'est pas sans évoquer celui forgé par le trop disparu ALTAR OF PLAGUES, formation irlandaise avec laquelle il ne fait pas que partager un goût identique pour les structures épiques. On relève ainsi chez les Français ce même désespoir souterrain qui gronde sous le socle épais de compositions tendues comme une verge turgescente.

Deux longues pulsations animent donc ce menu aux allures de gigantesque bloc au puissantes racines et que lacèrent, creusent, fissurent, violent, de multiples soubresauts comme autant de terrifiants coups de boutoir. La première d'entre elles, naturellement baptisée "IV", imprime très vite une tension quasi sismique, qui gronde depuis les arcanes de la terre. Batterie métronomique, guitares aux formes viciées et chant lointain qui lui confère un aspect presque instrumental, fusionnent en un magma oppressant, qui prend aux tripes. Quoiqu'émaillée de nombreux aplats plus lents sinon atmosphériques, la plainte galope à travers un paysage colossal et crépusculaire dans son expression désespérée. Jamais ennuyeux en dépit de sa longueur, c'est un dédale que l'on suit avec une passion à aucun moment démentie car PARAMNESIA fait montre d'une maturité hallucinante.

Le constat est le même pour la piste suivante qui après une entame dont la lenteur pétrifiée n'étouffe pas les miasmes malsaines qui s'en libèrent, démarre sur les chapeaux de roue, tempo véloce et survolté qui ne freine qu'en milieu de parcours, pause mortifère suspendue au-dessus d'un puits sans fin. Puis sur fond de rouleaux de batterie d'une force fabuleuse, les six-cordes érigent une cathédrale granitique d'une triste beauté, arcs-boutants à la fois massifs et fragiles. Enfin, la cadence effrénée reprend ses droits avant que le titre ne meurt tout en progression dans un dernier souffle grêle.

Ce qu'on pressentait depuis un moment est arrivé : PARAMNESIA est devenu grand.

Childeric Thor - 8/10
Vieux 12/05/2014, 08h11   #17
Nax
sans statut
Paragon de Noirceur

Par défaut

Aux Portes Du Metal par fifi59 (France)

http://auxportesdumetal.com/reviews/...aramnesia.html

Paramnesia est un groupe de Black Metal Atmosphérique originaire de Strasbourg et fondé en 2005.
Après une demo en 2013 (Ce Que Dit la Bouche D'Ombre) et un split avec Unru en 2014, le premier album éponyme sort.
Le line-up se compose de Antonin (guitare), Pierre (batterie), Simon (basse) et Thibault (chant).
Notons qu'à l'instar de leurs camarades de The Great Old Ones, également chez LADLO, un beau digipack nous est proposé !

Paramnesia est constitué de deux titres de vingt minutes. Et lorsqu'on les écoute pour la première fois, force est de constater que leur appréhension n'est pas évidente. En effet, une telle durée n'est pas forcément digeste de prime abord, divers éléments se catapultant pour nous offrir une oeuvre sombre et dotée d'ambiances variées.

Indéniablement, comme toujours lorsque des compositions sont longues, plusieurs écoutes sont nécessaires pour entrer définitivement (ou pas) dans l'oeuvre.
Entre les passages atmosphériques (au début des titres et en leur sein, apportant ainsi quelque accalmie), une diversité appréciable de tempi, des vocaux écorchés souvent plus proches de cris incarnant la douleur que du chant (mixés un peu plus en arrière) et des guitares produisant un véritable mur ou des intonations mélancoliques, Paramnesia réussit à rendre ses pièces globalement intenses et finalement assez prenantes.

Un album de ce type ne se prête pas à un son de "superproduction", il doit prendre en compte la teneur des atmosphères sombres, désespérées qui s'en dégagent.
C'est ainsi que Paramnesia a réussi à trouver le bon équilibre entre un son plutôt brut (surtout lors des passages où la puissance est reine) et l'exploitation de détails instrumentaux, rendue possible par un mixage efficient.

Bref, si au début l'album ne m'a pas paru facile d'accès, j'y suis finalement entré et celui-ci m'a en fin de compte procuré de bonnes sensations.
Je vous recommande de jeter une oreille attentive sur Paramnesia !

NOTE: 15/20

Dernière modification par Nax ; 15/05/2014 à 01h42.
Vieux 17/05/2014, 20h14   #18
Nax
sans statut
Paragon de Noirceur

Par défaut

The Pit of The Damned by Francesco Scarci (Italy)

http://thepitofthedamned.blogspot.it...esia-iv-v.html

Non tutte le ciambelle escono con il buco. Questa breve sentenza per certificare che le uscite Ladlo Productions (che ha appena rilasciato il meraviglioso come back discografico dei The Great Old Ones) non rispecchiano necessariamente standard qualitativi eccelsi. Oggi è il turno dei francesi Paramnesia, che con questo 'IV-V' debuttano ufficialmente su lunga distanza, dopo un EP e uno split con gli Unru. Ebbene, la one man band di Strasburgo, capitanata da Pierre Perichaud (stranamente un batterista), ci offre due lunghe tracce (appunto "IV" e "V" per 40 minuti di musica) di ignorante cascadian black metal. Siamo ahimè lontani dagli standard americani di act quali Wolves in the Throne Room, Panopticon o Deafheaven. La proposta del musicista transalpino infatti si pone come un impasto sonoro che tributa la sua sofferente offerta al caos primordiale, sebbene un tranquillo inizio acustico. Poi è l'inferno a palesarsi con sferzate ritmiche di violenza estrema, flebili urla atroci, blast beat irrefrenabili e un sound cosi rozzo che in taluni casi è addirittura complicato decifrare quello che fuoriesce dalle casse. Il feeling malinconico caratteristico del genere è ben presente nelle linee di chitarra del factotum alsaziano, soprattutto in quei momenti in cui il vento gelido del nord smette di soffiare e oscuri e rarefatti momenti di quiete trovano modo di placare la tempestosa inquietudine di Pierre. Mettiamoci una registrazione non proprio limpidissima e potrete intuire quanto sia poco digeribile l'ascolto di questa release. La seconda "V" apre lenta e disarmonica, con le chitarre che sembrano voler imitare una delle stralunate band norvegesi (a me sono venuti in mente i Ved Buens Ende). Un paio minuti di calma apparente e poi ecco riesplodere un groviglio fatto di allucinate chitarre marcescenti e un martellare intrepido dietro le pelli, con un aura melmosa e nefasta che ne avvolge l'intera composizione. Il sottoscritto è un fan del black metal cascadiano, di quello dalle ritmiche serrate ma corredato da melodie coinvolgenti di sottofondo; qui c'è ben poco di tutto questo se non una infernale matassa di suoni, che si sbrogliano tra galoppate black, atmosfere minimal/suicidal e frangenti al limite del funeral doom. Difficile pertanto affermare che il prodotto che ho tra le mani sia un qualcosa di cui ci ricorderemo a lungo, se non per quel suo meraviglioso digipack, che abbina parti opache ad altre lucide a creare un effetto tridimensionale, davvero affascinante. Poca roba però per un onesto album black. (Francesco Scarci)
Vieux 19/05/2014, 08h23   #19
Nax
sans statut
Paragon de Noirceur

Par défaut

Grind on the Road by Bastard in RECENSIONI (Italy)

http://www.grindontheroad.com/2014/05/15/paramnesia-st/

Torniamo in casa Les Acteurs De l’Ombre Productions stavolta per occuparci dei francesi Paramnesia, che avevamo già avuto modo di apprezzare in sede di recensione dello split coi tedeschi Unru e che ora ci propongono il primo full length della loro carriera.
I punti di riferimento principali sono quelli già evidenziati in precedenza, anche se in questo album appaiono più approfonditi e sviluppati data anche la durata importante dei due singoli brani che lo compongono (per onor di cronaca, venti minuti l’uno). Lunghezza che ha permesso ai Paramnesia di dedicarsi più profondamente al lavoro sulle melodie ma che, inevitabilmente, in caso di “bonaccia” diventa un’arma a doppio taglio: così “IV”, il primo brano del lotto, segue fedelmente i passi di “III” (il loro contributo allo split) assestandosi su lidi discreti ma leggermente prevedibili e scontati. “V”, invece, forte di un incipit davvero aggressivo, vorticoso e di influenze che spaziano non solo fra Ash Borer e Addaura, ma che chiamano in causa anche Panopticon, Fell Voices e soprattutto Weakling (i precursori di un certo modo di intendere il genere, spesso e purtroppo dimenticati), riesce a farsi ricordare molto positivamente e a coinvolgere a dovere anche chi magari non è del tutto propenso verso il cascadian black metal.
La prova del nove del full length che auspicavamo nella recensione dello split si può dire essere stata superata ed essere l’ennesima conferma che, nonostante una durata che potrebbe scoraggiare molti e stancare altri, per questo tipo di proposta musicale il formato ideale può essere solo quello dell’album dove il gruppo può approfondire senza alcun timore le proprie influenze e integrarle al meglio all’interno delle proprie composizioni. Per questo, nonostante un primo brano non proprio eccelso, i Paramnesia sorprendono nella seconda parte del disco e meritano un riconoscimento adeguato.
Vieux 19/05/2014, 08h30   #20
Nax
sans statut
Paragon de Noirceur

Par défaut

French Metal par Boris (France)

http://www.french-metal.com/chroniqu...l#.U3mkg14YmQu

Souvenez vous, nous nous étions déjà familiarisé avec la musique de Paramnesia il n'y a pas si longtemps. Les Acteurs de l'Ombre avaient sorti des caves les Strasbourgeois pour les mettre en lumière l'histoire d'un split avec le groupe allemand UNRU. Un seul titre d'une quinzaine de minute appelé «*III*», faisant suite à leur premier essai «*Ce que dit la Bouche d'Ombre*» et qui avait le don de réveiller les démons les plus replis de votre existence. Autant dire que si vous êtes d'humeur mélancolique, «*Paramnesia*» ne fera que renforcer votre tristesse et votre misanthropie...

Ce premier album ne contient que deux titres nommé logiquement «*IV*» et «*V*», pour une durée de... 20 minutes soit une véritable odyssée masochiste pour le profane. «*Paramnesia*» demande en fait une attention particulière pour qui veut entrer dans sa bulle torturé et plutôt hermétique... le contexte idéal serait d'envisager l'écoute comme une séance de médiation dans une caverne, ou en mode «*autiste*». Le son plutôt «*crust*» rappelle les belles heures du black metal des 90's, Ulver en particulier... mais Paramnesia va plus loin en y ajoutant une touche «*screamo/Post-core/rock*» à la ENVY en plus ambiant et crade. Ici c'est l'ambiance qui plombe... heu... qui compte ! Et quelle ambiance !! Dès les premières notes de «*IV*», brumeuses, tout en délicatesse, lentes et funeste, les strasbourgeois impose leur mélancolie plutôt contagieuse avant de déclencher leur tornade. Ça me rappelle cette ambiance si particulière lorsque enfant j'avais entendu pour la première fois «*l'Apocalypse des animaux*» de Vangelis.... Au loin, des hurlements d'animaux féroces comme pris dans un piège, les rythmiques plutôt minimalistes chargé d'émotions sont comme trempé dans de la glaise. L'édifice de «*IV*» encore fragile, va prendre corps tout au long des 20 minutes entre quelques blasts furieux et breaks désespérés en mi-tempos. Dans le prolongement de cette exaltation, «*V*» ne contraste pas vraiment avec son prédécesseur, enchainant la même formule avec tout autant de verve.

Seul point noir peut être, PARAMNESIA qui a pourtant la capacité de jouer sur plusieurs fronts, manque parfois de contraste, surtout lorsqu'il s'agit de jouer sur 20 mn... On peut décrocher facilement. A la fois conceptuel, abstrait, pour saisir la musique et le mystère de Paramnesia il faut l'appréhender comme un flux aussi mélancolique que nerveux.

NOTE : 15/20
Réponse

Outils de la discussion

Règles de messages