Maïeutiste -S/T - Reviews - Page 3 - Les Acteurs de l'Ombre

Les Acteurs de lOmbre

Précédent   Les Acteurs de l'Ombre > LADLO Productions
S'inscrire FAQ Membres Calendrier Chatbox Les Acteurs de l'Ombre Recherche Messages du jour Marquer les forums comme lus

LADLO Productions Les Acteurs de l'Ombre Productions : le label

Réponse

Outils de la discussion
Vieux 08/10/2015, 16h44   #21
Saltimbank021
hello world!
Staff des Acteurs de l'Ombre

Par défaut

lords of metal _ (NL)

http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/en/reviews/view/id/30610
Maïeutsite - Maïeutiste

Release type: Full-length CD

" Roel de Haan : Maïeutiste is a new French outfit and this self-titled debut full-length is now upon us to discover. This band seems a bit schizophrenic at times. Let me explain. On the one hand they play fairly standard orthodox black metal in the Swedish style combined with doom metal tendencies, but Maïeutiste often throws us an odd-ball in the form of jazz-interludes, frantic soloing (like in the song ‘Absolution’) or acoustic parts reminiscent of Gris’ latest brilliant album. This juxtaposition with furious black metal outbursts comes of as fairly random and pretentious at first glance, but further listening reveals the enhancement of the intensity and discomforting atmosphere by these interspersing elements. Not all of these work out successfully, but in general they do and the result is an album that is both familiar and bewildering. Interesting stuff. "
- See more at: http://www.lordsofmetal.nl/en/review....Ore8iS92.dpuf

Note : 75 / 100
Vieux 09/10/2015, 15h21   #22
Saltimbank021
hello world!

Par défaut

occult black metal zine _ (Italy)

http://occultblackmetalzine.blogspot...eurs-de-l.html

Maieutiste/Self Titled/Les Acteurs de l' Ombre Productions/2015
CD Review by occult black metal

" Maieutiste are a band from France that plays a progressive mixture of black and doom metal and this is a review of their self titled 2015 album which was released by /Les Acteurs de l' Ombre Productions.

A very dark, melodic sound starts off the album along with some classical guitars and you can hear elements of doom metal and after the intro the music goes into a very fast and raw black metal direction along with some blast beats and high pitched screams and you can also hear a great amount of melody in the bands musical style along with some traces of avant garde music.

A great portion of the tracks are very long and epic in length and the songs are very long and epic in length and clean singing can be heard in certain sections of the recording along with spoken word parts can be heard at times and some of the fast parts bring in more of a raw style of black metal.

When solos and leads are utilized they are done in a very dark and melodic musical direction and some of the tracks bring in synths and elements of ambient which also gives the music more atmosphere along with some melodic chanting and when acoustic guitars are utilized they give the music more of a progressive feeling and some of the heavy parts also add in death metal growls and elements of thrash while some of the calmer sections add in a touch of folk and jazz.

Maieutiste creates a recording that has its roots mostly in raw and melodic black metal and also mixes in elements of doom and death metal in the heavier parts while the slower sections bring in traces of folk, jazz and progressive music that also makes the album sound very original, the production sounds very dark yet powerful at the same time while the lyrics cover philosophical themes.

In my opinion Maieutiste are a very great sounding progressive mixture of black and doom metal and if you are a fan of those musical genres, you should check out this band. RECOMMENDED TRACKS INCLUDE "In The Mirror" "Absolution" "Death To Free Thinkers" and "Death To Socrates".

Note : 8 out of 10. "
Vieux 09/10/2015, 15h25   #23
Saltimbank021
hello world!

Par défaut

Panzer faust 666 _ (Pologne)

http://panzerfaust666zine.blogspot.f...aieutiste.html

by Astus

MAIEUTISTE - Maïeutiste (LADLO Records - CD 2015)

" Yet another LADLO releases and well, if I can be honest, this is also my truly favourite offering from this label yet! And it’s just surprising, as not only this album came from a band, which I never heard of before, but nothing – just nothing – was telling me that it’s gonna be so damn good. But it is. Ladies and gentlemen, let me present you Maïeutiste. France again, as you can guess by their unpronounceable name (haha!), and the band was formed in 2006 and even did a demo “Socratic Black Metal” in 2007. But it took them another eight years to complete an album. And damn, it was worth waiting; this album is excellent!

I must say that usually I’m not a big fan of terribly long album. Too often they end up containing half great / half filling material and more so, there can be some boredom coming after 40 or more minutes… you know the problem. And well, “Maïeutiste” is 75 minutes long. But hold on! There’s absolutely not even a single fragment, which I would say is weak or filler. I can only speak in super positive words about the music and despite the album being so long, it just stays interesting all the way through, with a killer song following killer song, great riffs, fantastic arrangements, vocals… Damn, everything about “Maïeutiste” is close to perfection, in my opinion!

The only small problem I have with this long album is that not always I can have time to listen to it from start to end or maybe sometimes my focus on the music runs away after some songs – but I would never say that the album gets boring or the songs are any weaker. Not at all and as I already mentioned, this is brilliantly composed music, very well played and to me, “Maïeutiste” is just spectacular. Actually I must say that I have not been listening to anything else since a week, only this album was spinning on my CD player and also on mp3 player on the road to / from work, so I assume it also says a lot how much I appreciate this album.

As for the content of this album, well, probably I would need to describe every song separately, so you can imagine how diverse and full of ideas it is. But I always find something like this boring, so I am not gonna do this.
The influences for the music must have had a wide range, going from more progressive, doomy and melodic acts such as Opeth up to black metal, with some Scandinavian stuff from Mayhem to even such Forlorn and even slightly harsher, but quite epic at the same time bands like Helrunar. These comparisons are quite loose though.

They’re not exact comparisons, as it’s impossible to pick up one or two bands, which would have recorded similar type of album. You know, already a blend of melodic doomy metal with harsh black metal is something uncommon, in my opinion. And if such mixture can sound odd to some, I dare to say that it worked tremendously well and Maïeutiste came up with excellent record. And with such a wide range of influences, I guess it can also be an album for everybody. I hope so at least.

Anyway, I should mention some of the best moments of this full length… and let me start with “...in the Mirror...”. This song basically begins with a furious, fast and harsh black metal way. But “...in the Mirror...” evolves; from fast black metal in the beginning, it slows down drastically into a nice doomy passage, filled with some great harmonies, many catchy bits and truly phenomenal clean vocals. When comparing the beginning with the mid / end fragments, it turns out that this song has changed like night into the day!

The same I can say about “The Fall”, which is another superb song here, but on the other hand such “Reflect / Disappear” does everything to keep that black metal feeling and viciousness through the whole song, which is great of course! Later “The Eye of Maieutic Art” would be an example for what I mentioned before – some harsh black metal with doomy stuff, filled with great, harmonious guitar work that makes the music more catchy and easily listenable, even if these song is actually nine minutes long! And “Lifeless Visions” and “Death to Free Thinkers” are all doomy, sorrowful, mournful and depressive, but with a strong melodic touch, which I like a lot. Excellent! Towards the end, the album becomes more atmospheric, more melodic and I am not sure if it’s due to the whole concept this record has? No idea, but it works perfectly well.

So, you can see that a lot is going on “Maïeutiste”. Acoustic guitar passages (like in “The Fall” and “Absolution”), long instrumental pieces ( “Introductions...”), some clean vocals in few tracks as well (“Death to Free Thinkers”, “…In the Mirror”)… And there also such track as “Purgatoire”, which is like an ambient song, with a strong ritualistic aura; very dark and eerie, finished with the acoustic guitar play.

Such songs make me feel like the whole album was almost like a journey, you know? And I know that it also has a deeper concept, about philosophy, Socrates, etc, but since there are no lyrics, so I am not gonna comment that. Let me just add that the album is divided on three parts: “Eveil”, “Chute” and “Elevation”. More so, I mentioned how long this album is, but the limited box edition and tape are even longer, containing an extra song!

Summing up then. This is incredibly great album, I love it. And mind it or not, but I truly think that “Maïeutiste” is among the best – if not the best – debuts of the year. And the only reason why I am not giving them a perfect score is that I don’t want to put too much pressure on the future recordings of this band. Very, very recommended!
Standout tracks: “...in the Mirror...”, “The Fall”, “Lifeless Visions”, “Death to Free Thinkers”

Final rate: 90/100 "

Dernière modification par Saltimbank021 ; 09/10/2015 à 15h29.
Saltimbank021 est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 09/10/2015, 15h37   #24
Saltimbank021
hello world!

Par défaut

Sound Protest _ (FR)

http://sound-protest.net/2015/10/maieutiste-maieutiste/

MAÏEUTISTE – Maïeutiste
" Il aura fallu 5 ans aux nantais de MAÏEUTISTE pour construire pierre par pierre ce premier effort éponyme. Et « effort », c’est bien le mot qui vient en tête après une première écoute, tant leur « métal extrême » est inclassable, expérimental et complexe.

De prime abord pas facile d’accès car on a affaire ici à une véritable œuvre d’art d’avant-garde, il faut une véritablement s’immerger dans ce « cauchemar » d’une heure et quart pour en saisir toute les subtilités.

MAÏEUTISTE explose les carcans du genre, pioche dans différents styles et « accouche » d’un hybride, un enfant monstrueux ayant pour parents un black métal cru à la TAAKE mélangé à des mélodies folks, des passages ambiant (purgatoire), jazz (absolution), doom, de la musique rituelle accompagnés de chœurs « liturgiques » (…in the mirror).

Servi par un son cru et organique, le groupe se veut inventif, malmenant l’auditeur dans un labyrinthe musical très sombre.

La richesse et l’ouverture musicale de MAÏEUTISTE c’est, pour moi, avant tout des musiciens techniques et expérimentés ayant le souci du détail. On sent tout de suite que l’ordre des titres a été réfléchi pour créer un enchainement (déchainement) cohérent qui laisse pantois.

Mais plusieurs écoutes sont nécessaires car le groupe offre plusieurs niveaux de lecture de son concept (d’où le nom du groupe en référence à la maïeutique de Socrate, une technique qui consiste « à bien interroger » une personne pour lui faire exprimer/accoucher des connaissances).

MAÏEUTISTE livre ici une petite perle de métal extrême, une excellente découverte en cette fin 2015 (on remerciera encore Les Acteurs de l’Ombre).

Grâce à sa forte personnalité et sa créativité débordante, MAÏEUTISTE passe pour un OVNI au sein de la scène française mais le groupe a, pour moi, déjà l’étoffe des grands.

Je suis par ailleurs impatient de voir si le groupe confirme en concert, l’intelligence et la qualité musicale qu’il propose sur album. "

par Julius
Vieux 14/10/2015, 18h17   #25
Saltimbank021
hello world!

Par défaut

Brave words -
http://bravewords.com/reviews/maieutiste-maieutiste

MAIEUTISTE - Maieutiste
(Les Acteurs De L’Ombre Productions)

By David Perri

Rating: 7.5

MAIEUTISTE - Maieutiste

" Years ago, this scribe interviewed Krallice’s Mick Barr and, during the chat, Barr expressed some surprise that listeners had thought that Krallice’s debut was, in his words, a “shredding black metal record.” Almost ten years have passed since that conversation and, as Maieutiste’s self-titled debut began, the quote was, surprisingly and without warning, dug out of the ol’ subconscious, and we’re glad for it: Maieutiste is a shredding black metal record.

And an academic one, it turns out. Many extreme metal bands take on philosophy as a lyrical concept, but this French band truly puts its money where its mouth is, as the group’s first demo, released in 2007, was titled Socratic Black Metal. This debut full-length continues those themes, and the fast black metal that encapsulates them does its work to impressive effect, recalling the Norwegian second wave but also at times slowing down unexpectedly to incorporate ambient passages that interestingly rely on classical guitar or even jazz elements. When those passages have made their mark it’s back - with vengeance - to black metal that shows no mercy, the tracks then accompanied by thrash-infused solos that remind of Kerry King most of all. This is an interesting record, one that is clearly unafraid of the prospect of a distinctive contribution to black metal. "
Vieux 16/10/2015, 11h05   #26
Blandine
sans statut
Maître de la Nuit

Par défaut

Wonderbox Metal - webzine - UK

https://wonderboxmetal.wordpress.com...utiste-review/

OCTOBER 15, 2015 BY WONDERBOXMETAL

This is the début album from Maïeutiste, who are a French Black Metal band.

This is a long one – 76 minutes of Black Metal that’s grim, mysterious and not afraid to experiment and stretch the tenets of the genre.

Maïeutiste is infused with a playful experimentalism involving elements of Doom, Jazz and Progressive Rock. Traditional Black Metal is the core of their sound though, so don’t mistake this for a free-form, substance-free exploration of whatever the band feel like; instead we simply get Black Metal that adds to, and spreads out from, the core of the style, like a grand contagion.

The music sweeps like a cloak of darkness and the performance is varied and interesting. One moment you could be listening to misery-drenched Depressive Black Metal, and the next you could be listening to a stirring, epic refrain akin to the best that Viking metal has to offer. This is one example of many and demonstrates the talent and ability of Maïeutiste.

It still sounds coherent though, which is an important factor when considering a band like this. It doesn’t sound all-over-the-place and it’s not too varied as to make you wonder how it all fits together; under the darkened funeral moon of Black Metal, that’s how, as this makes up the bulk of the material here.

It’s a long and involving album, but ultimately a rewarding one. Check out Maïeutiste and see if it hits that spot for you.
Blandine est déconnecté   Réponse avec citation
Vieux 16/10/2015, 22h46   #27
Saltimbank021
hello world!

Par défaut

Schlachtenruf - DE

http://schlachtenruf.de/schlachtenruf/?p=3265

by: Reviews IJKLM

Maïeutiste – Maïeutiste

"Ein ziemlich komplexes und orchestrales Werk legen uns Maïeutiste hier vor – allerdings sauber ausgeführt.
Das Album ist wie eine Reise durch das Black Metal Universum, wobei der Hörer durchaus auch durch Ambient-Sphären geführt wird (etwas Arcturus-artig).
Die Scheibe wurde über einen Zeitraum von fünf Jahren geschrieben und an verschiedenen Orten aufgenommen um über die 76 Minuten Spieldauer möglichst viel unerwartetes einzubauen."
Vieux 16/10/2015, 23h21   #28
Saltimbank021
hello world!

Par défaut

metal1.info _ DE

http://www.metal1.info/metal-reviews...te-maieutiste/

"CD-Review: Maieutiste - Maieutiste

Veröffentlichung: 2015
Label: Les Acteurs De L'Ombre
Spielart: Black Metal

Würde man die im Genre „Black Metal“ erschienenen Alben nach ihrer Spielzeit sortieren, wären ziemlich sicher die Extreme besonders stark vertreten: Neben vielen sehr kurzen, prägnanten Alben sind in dieser Stilrichtung die ausufernden Konzeptalben ungleich häufiger vertreten als in den meisten anderen harten Metal-Spielarten.

Auch MAIEUTISTE aus dem malerischen Saint-Étienne in Südfrankreich tragen ihren Teil dazu bei: Gleich mit ihrem Debüt-Album legt die Truppe ein 76-Minuten-Monster vor. Damit stellen sie ihre Hörer vor eine große Aufgabe – und gehen zugleich auf volles Risiko: Ein Album dieser Länge muss einiges zu bieten haben, um den Hörer nicht irgendwo auf dem Weg zu verlieren.

Bereits das Intro lässt erahnen, dass “Maieutiste” nicht ganz leichte Kost ist: Düster und schleppend baut sich das sinnigerweise “Introductions …” betitelte Stück über fast vier Minuten auf, wirkt dabei allerdings mitunter nicht ganz so zielstrebig, wie es bei einem derartigen Opus vielleicht wünschenswert gewesen wäre.

Mangelnde Zielstrebigkeit kann man “… In The Mirror”, dem ersten richtigen Song auf “Maieutiste”, nicht vorwerfen: Ohne Vorwarnung legen die Franzosen mit kräftigem Geknüppel los. Erst nach gut vier Minuten bekommt man eine Verschnaufpause vergönnt, die mit einer verschrobenen Mischung aus sinistren Melodien und Klargesang erahnen lässt, wo die Reise hingeht.

Und in der Tat: In den kommenden Songs wagen MAIEUTISTE immer wieder interessante Ausflüge in andere Genres und reißen aus dem strengen Black-Metal-Konstrukt aus: Mit “Purgatoire” überrascht den Hörer eine reine Ambient-Nummer mit Akustik-Gitarre und und meditativ-düsterem Chor, “The Fall” ufert nach einem recht straight-geprügelten Anfangsriff im Mittelteil in wild verwobene Gitarrenmelodien über Cleangitarren aus, im darauf folgenden “Absolution” verzichten MAIEUTISTE (von einem knapp einminütigen Einschub abgesehen) gleich ganz auf den Black Metal und setzen stattdessen voll auf eine krude Mischung aus ruhigen Cleangitarren, wilden Soli, atmosphärischen Bläsern und sinistren Sounds über einen fast schon fröhlich vor sich hin laufenden Bass – bevor sich kurz vor Schluss doch nochmal fast explosiv der Black Metal zurückmeldet.

Auf diesen Wahnsinn lassen MAIEUTISTE wieder etwas Normalität einkehren und kühlen in “Lifeless Visions” die Atmosphäre schließlich auf eisigen Doom ab – um mit “Annonciation” spontan in fast jazzige Sphären abzurutschen und dem Hörer mit “Death To Socrates” zu guter Letzt entsprechend unverhofft nochmal einen echt rockigen Kracher mit leichter Dissection-Note vor den Latz zu knallen.

Soweit also zur Musik – doch was soll man davon halten? Ambitioniert ist “Maieutiste” allemal – in vielen Punkten jedoch auch klar überambitioniert. Dass MAIEUTISTE gute Musik schreiben können, beweisen sie in jedem ihrer Songs – dass sie ein gutes Album schreiben können, mit ihrem Debüt leider noch nicht. Denn dazu gehört mehr, als viel vielseitige Musik. Was “Maieutiste” beispielsweise fehlt, ist der rote Faden, der die vielen Stilwechsel verständlich macht. So wirkt “Maieutiste” mitunter schlicht chaotisch oder zumindest sprunghaft.

Auch an der mangelnden Prägnanz merkt man dem Album seinen Debüt-Charakter an: Dass eine Band auf ihrem Debüt-Album musikalisch so viel zu sagen hat, ist ein gutes Zeichen – nächstes Mal wäre es dennoch wünschenswert, dass das Material im Songwriting-Prozess weiter einkondensiert wird. Denn wenn man ehrlich ist, gibt es nur wirklich wenige Bands, die wirklich in der Lage sind, 76 Minuten von der ersten bis zur letzten spannend zu gestalten. "

6,5/10
Vieux 20/10/2015, 22h14   #29
Saltimbank021
hello world!

Par défaut

Nawak posse _ FR

http://nawakposse.com/kroniks/maieutiste.html

MAÏEUTISTE - Maïeutiste:

1. Introductions...
2. ...in the mirror
3. Reflect/Disappear
4. Purgatoire
5. The fall
6. Absolution
7. The eye of the maieutic art
8. Lifeless Visions
9. Death to free thinkers
10. Annonciation
11. Death to Socrates

" Alors que le milieu musical est depuis toujours empli de groupes et autres cherchant à sortir tout et n'importe quoi au plus vite, à enchainer de manière commerciale sans même se renouveler, sans peaufiner... une formation telle que MAÏEUTISTE se démarque fortement.

En effet, cette dernière ayant travaillé sur son premier album éponyme entre 2009 et 2014, on peut légitimement imaginer que le disque est abouti, bien que l'on ne connaisse pas nécessairement les détails du besoin de cette durée.
Au cas où vraiment on aurait un peu de mal à comprendre après l'écoute du premier morceau, MAÏEUTISTE cherche à grandement nous venir en aide en l'appelant " Introductions... ".

D'une durée légèrement inférieure à quatre minutes, celui-ci fait les montagnes russes, sans non plus chercher à atteindre un point trop élevé, mais néanmoins en montant, descendant, puis remontant, avant de laisser place à quelque chose de plus violent avec " ...in the mirror ", dépassement sans aucun problème le point culminant de son prédécesseur. Une longue et calme plage viendra vous apaiser, malgré son titre qui lassera songeur : " Purgatoire ", avant d'en reprendre une énorme couche dès les prémices de " The fall ".

Parfois le changement radical d'ambiances se déroulera même sur une seule chanson, à l'instar de votre " Absolution " qui ne se fera pas sans quelques secousses. Tandis que "Lifeless Visions " vous plongera dans un milieu de ténèbres toujours plus diabolique.
Se renouvelant constamment, MAÏEUTISTE cherche néanmoins à vous plonger dans les profondeurs de son âme, en vous faisant parfois croire qu'il vous reste une infime chance."

Chronique de Blytch
Date de sortie: Septembre 2015
Label/Distributeur: Les Acteurs de l'Ombre Productions
Site Web: www.facebook.com/maieutisteofficial
Vieux 20/10/2015, 22h43   #30
Saltimbank021
hello world!

Par défaut

Thrashocore _ FR

http://www.thrashocore.com/chronique...chronique.html

"
Maïeutiste
Maïeutiste
« Ah ma bonne dame, le Black Metal, c'est plus ce que c'était » diront sûrement certains puristes ou autres quarantenaires traditionnels ayant jetés leur ado par la fenêtre en ayant grillé du Deafheaven dans son Mp3. Nul doute que le genre est – depuis quelques années déjà – en pleine renaissance artistique. On ne pratique plus le genre dans un esprit de pureté originelle mais, au contraire, dans une optique de plus en plus ouverte.

Et que les plus réfractaires ne se braquent pas, c'est tout simplement du au fait que ce qui était un petit microcosme dans les années quatre-vingt-dix gagne - à force de longévité – une sphère d'aficionados en constante expansion. On peut maintenant citer les groupes qui font leurs courses dans l'Emo, le Math-Rock, l'Electro comme des formations novatrices et plus simplement comme des traîtres impurs à l'idéalisme du Black Metal grésillant, antichrétien et nordique. De moins en moins underground, sans pour autant devenir populaire, le style s'étoffe et, si vous voulez mon avis, c'est tant mieux.

Mais si je vous parle de ça aujourd'hui, ce n'est pas pour taper dans la constatation d'une évolution d'un genre qui me tient à cœur. Non, je suis pas encore le 3615 Usul du Black Metal mais seulement, force est de constater que le groupe du jour m'a rappelé ces réflexions. Maïeutiste est une synthèse de ces deux « écoles » ou « conceptions » du genre, une sorte de pont équilibré entre ces visions toujours opposées mais rarement fusionnées. Une communication qui semble aussi bien musicale, que générationnelle ou encore thématique. Ou encore, si l'on veut simplifier le propos, une sorte de « Comment faire du neuf avec du vieux ? ».

Et vice-versa d'ailleurs, si l'on prend la peine de remarquer les quelques inspirations modernes que le groupe se plaît à dissimuler ici ou là (« Reflect / Disappear » et son riff des plus Nightbringerien).

Dans cette querelle des anciens et des modernes version corpse-paint contre bermudas, Maïeutiste peut prétendre au titre prestigieux de « réconciliateur » puisque les influences présentes oscillent consciencieusement entre le Doom à l'ancienne (difficile de ne pas voir du Pentagram ou du Cathedral par instants), Black traditionnel sur les passages les plus rentre-dedans, ambiances occultes résolument jeunes pour le genre (« Purgatoire » se pare d'un sample que ne renierai clairement pas la scène orthodoxe estampillée 2005-2010), production puissante (et donc actuelle) mais paradoxalement organique au maximum (et donc à l'ancienne)...

On pourrait continuer longtemps à énumérer ce qui fait de ce « Maïeutiste » un disque qui semble à mi-chemin, comme affilié à la fois au présent et au passé.

Mais curieusement, c'est ce melting-pot d'influences qui permet de propulser la formation au statut de « novatrice », car si elle prend des ingrédients simples pour concevoir sa recette, le résultat est pour le moins sophistiqué. On se retrouve alors devant un disque presque futuriste et avant-gardiste. Et c'est là que la fusion des styles réussi le pari de devenir quelque chose d'unique. Attention toutefois, « sophistiqué » ne voulant pas dire « alambiqué » ou « complexe d'accès ».

On accroche plutôt facilement à ce premier album éponyme même si quelques détails effleureront les sensibilités de chacun : d'aucun seront refroidis par le durée conséquente de l’œuvre, d'autres par la présence de chants clairs ou de quelques accalmies atmosphériques.

Nonobstant ces quelques choix qui pourront refroidir les moins insistants, l'album arrive toutefois à livre sa substance au bout d'un nombre d'écoute raisonnable (entre deux et cinq, à mon humble avis). Et si nous sommes conquis avec rapidité, cela ne veut pas dire que la chose est « facile ».

« Maïeutiste » fait preuve d'une finesse de composition qui sait disposer des passages adéquats au moment opportun. Ainsi, l'auditeur un poil refroidi par un Blast-Beats ravageur saura se retrouver sur le riff suivant, beaucoup plus apaisé. Une construction absolument imparable pour éviter de perdre le chaland – dont je fais partie, n'ayant jamais vraiment couru après le Black-Doom – en route. En résulte donc une cohérence à toute épreuve et une solidité dans le propos remarquable. Quelques petites choses me gênent donc, à titre totalement subjectif, comme le trop long solo de « Absolution » mais sauvé immédiatement par le break jazzy qui le suit. Encore une preuve de cette science décidément apte à captiver l'amateur non-éclairé. « Maïeutiste » ne sera pas mon album de l'année mais il a le mérite de pouvoir mettre tout le monde d'accord : ceux qui préfère l'expérimentation et ceux qui cherchent également à retrouver le groove remuant d'antan. Un disque très intéressant donc, pour qui j'ai éminemment plus de respect que d'amour mais qui saura sans aucun doute trouver son public et se faire apprécier à sa juste valeur. "
Réponse

Outils de la discussion

Règles de messages